Recommendation letters are deemed to be crucial documents when it comes to work applications, school admissions, or scholarships. What’s even more crucial about these letters is asking the right person to recommend your strengths, skills, and other qualifications. If you are able to ask the right person, sure enough, he will be happy to oblige with the request.
To formally ask the person you chose to write the letter for you, you have to write a recommendation request letter. We are offering seven Sample Letters that may be used as a reference for a request recommendation letter. Each sample is dedicated to a different circumstance so you are bound to find one that will suit your current situation.
Recommendation Request Cover Letter in PDF
College Recommendation Request Letter
Sorority Recommendation Request Letter
Requesting for an Academic Recommendation Letter
Letters that fall into the category of Academic Recommendation Letters are commonly written for college admission and scholarship applications. These letters are typically written by the student’s adviser, principal/dean, or teacher in a subject wherein he/she has excelled. It is vital that the person you ask knows you well in terms of academic performance.
A few tips you can follow in requesting for an academic recommendation letter are the following:
- Set a meeting with your chosen faculty member. During the meeting, you will establish what your interests are when it comes to pursuing further studies and clearly communicate what your career goals are. These can be used as a basis for what they can write in the recommendation letter.
- Provide all the necessary documents that are relevant to your academic application such as school transcript, a list of schools/scholarship grants you are applying for, and academic achievements such as honors and awards.
- Send a list of guidelines, if there are any. This will ensure that the person writing the recommendation letter will adhere to the rules that were set out.
If you are asking a faculty member who is new to writing recommendation letters, you may let him/her refer to our Student Recommendation Letter Requests.
Salary Increase Recommendation Request Letter
Scholarship Recommendation Request Letter
Reminders Regarding Requesting a Recommendation
- Take time in thinking about who you want your recommender to be. You have to choose someone who you consider to know you well enough.
- Give your recommenders ample time to write a recommendation letter. There is a need for them to think about what they would write and review your documents. A minimum of two weeks would be preferred.
- It is okay to follow up on your recommenders how they are doing with the letter-writing task. Do not pressure them too much to finish the letter as soon as possible. One follow-up email would be enough.
- In case the recommender is not able to submit the recommendation letter on the deadline you have set, you may still follow up through email or by paying him/her a quick visit.
- Once your recommender is done writing your letter, a simple “thank you” is in order. This can be done through a letter or email.
- Do not be rude in case the recommender does not directly respond to your follow-ups. Take it easy and remain professional and polite.
Writing a recommendation for aspiring nurses and professional nurses? Take a look at our Nursing Recommendation Letters for reference.
14+ Sample Invitation Letters
7+ Invitation Letter Samples
32+ Examples of Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Pages
35+ Sample Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
8+ Sample Thank You Letters for Interview
11+ Thank You Letter Samples
6+ Interview Thank You Letter Samples
23+ Sample Thank You Letters
38+ Thank You Letters
10+ Collection Letter Templates – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Collection Letters – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
43+ Collection Letter Examples – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
8+ Sample Confirmation Letters – DOC
10+ Sample Welcome Letters
7+ Sample Welcome Letter Templates