A character letter of recommendation is a letter in which someone would attest to the good character of the person they are recommending. When writing one, you must make sure that you indeed know that the person is of good character. Once you write that letter, your name is now attached to the person you are recommending, so carefully consider whether you really want to recommend them or not.
Writing a character letter of recommendation is just like writing any other letter. Hence, you need to make sure that you follow the proper letter-writing format. Our Sample Letters are carefully written to effectively convey your recommendation. Take a look at them below.
Character Reference Letter in PDF
Character Letter for Immigration
Student Character Letter Example
Asking for a Character Recommendation
Asking someone for a character recommendation letter is often a hard task. Aside from the effort they have to do in writing, they also have to vouch for you and your good character. Not everybody is comfortable with that. When asking for a recommendation letter, follow these simple steps.
- Make sure the person you ask knows you personally and can write about your good qualities.
- Provide all necessary information by sending them your resume and updating them about your life, what it is for, and so on.
- Send a thank-you note. They are doing you a favor, so be sure to thank them.
Tips in Writing a Character Recommendation Letter
Now, on the other side of the fence, when you are asked to write a recommendation letter, you must make sure that you can truthfully vouch for the person you are recommending. When recommending coworkers, check out these Coworker Recommendation Letters. Below are some useful tips to apply when writing the letter.
- Think before agreeing. Are you really comfortable with vouching for the person’s character?
- Ask for information. Ask what the letter is for, who to address it to, when to send it, and other relevant questions.
- Write why they are a good fit and focus on their good qualities.
- Supply your contact information.
Good Moral Character Letter
Character Letter for Friend
Character Letter for Teacher
Employment Character Letter
Formal Character Letter
How to Write a Character Letter of Recommendation
Not everybody is well-versed in writing a letter, much more a letter of recommendation. They may be writing a Law School Recommendation Letter or a job recommendation letter. Either way, a lot of people are not doing it right. When in doubt as to what goes into these letters, follow the steps outlined below so you can write an effective character letter of recommendation.
- Tell them how you know the person you are recommending.
- Tell them how long you have known him or her.
- Give them a summary of your character.
- Write a line that is a recommendation of the person relevant to the position they are applying for.
- Give them your email or telephone contact number.
When someone asks you to write a character letter of recommendation for them, you should be flattered as that means they treat you with high regard and value your opinion. That is why you must make yourself worthy of that respect by writing an equally respectable letter of recommendation. Of course, the person you are recommending needs to also be worthy of your recommendation.
14+ Sample Invitation Letters
7+ Invitation Letter Samples
32+ Examples of Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Pages
35+ Sample Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
8+ Sample Thank You Letters for Interview
11+ Thank You Letter Samples
6+ Interview Thank You Letter Samples
23+ Sample Thank You Letters
38+ Thank You Letters
10+ Collection Letter Templates – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Collection Letters – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
43+ Collection Letter Examples – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
8+ Sample Confirmation Letters – DOC
10+ Sample Welcome Letters
7+ Sample Welcome Letter Templates