Your clients are to be considered as one of the backbones that keeps your company together. This is one of the reasons why they deserve a few words that show how much you appreciate their loyalty to your business. Giving them formal thank-you notes letting them know that they are important to the success of the business will surely bring a smile on their face. Equip it with a small token of appreciation and you are sure to retain existing customers.
But how do you write thank-you letters for your customers? This what we are here to discuss with you. Just keep reading this letter and you will end up with a good thank-you letter. With the sample thank-you letters that we have also uploaded, you will gain a better understanding about what you should include in your letter. Ready? Keep reading!
Bank Client Thank-You Letter
Accounting Client Thank-You Letter
Prospective Client Thank-You Letter
Club Member Client Thank-You Letter
How to Write a Client Thank-You Letter?
Remember, your clients are the ones that help with the success of your business. Your letter for each of your customer should be unique or at least have an element to it that gives your customer the impression that the letter was specifically written for them. There is no fixed thank-you letter template that you should follow when you are drafting your very first client thank-you letter. However, there are a few guidelines that you might find useful when writing a customer thank-you letter. Check them out.
Writing Your Letter
- Make sure to spell the client’s name correctly. It is highly likely that your letter will be ineffective if you spell the name of your client wrong. Do a quick research in your customer database to check the spelling of the customer you will sending the sample letter to.
- Let the client/s know why you are writing the letter. Being specific gives a more personal touch to your letter. Plus, it also makes the letter seem more sincere than ever.
- “Thank you for the purchase you made.”
- “Thank you for visiting us last [DATE].”
- Have a few follow-up statements. Thank-you letters are a great opportunity for you to ask your clients a few follow-up questions to ensure that you know how the transaction went for your customer. Including a reply slip with your letter is a good idea.
- Include your business logo. This ensures that your business is visible in the document. You can also make use of a company letterhead if you want to as this contains more details about your business.
- Make use of proper closing. Your client thank-you letter, despite having a warm and friendly tone to it, is still considered to be a business letter, which means that every aspect about a business letter should still be reflected in the thank-you letter. Just like a business letter, the closing of your letter should be professional and polished but at the same time, has a friendly tone to it.
- Sign the letter. If you are sending a hard copy of the letter, make sure to sign it by hand. However, if you are sending the letter via followup email, an e-signature can be used if you have one available, but your typed name will also be good.
Setting the Tone
- Resist the urge to pitch. This is not a sales letter, so avoid pitching your business again to the client. Remember, you are writing the thank-you letter to thank the client for doing business with you. Make your customer feel like he/she is part of your business.
- Use postage stamps. Yes, a postage machine is available in every post office but using a postage stamps gives the impression that you made more effort into sending the letters one by one.
- The address should be handwritten. Printing the address on the envelope of your letter is fine but remember, the more personal your letter seems, the better! If you can, write the address of the recipient by hand. You can ask for help. The client will surely be impressed to see that you took the time to write down the address—you know, even if you are not the one who wrote it.
- Be open to communication. Leave your contact details. Make sure to include your email address, complete business address, as well as the contact numbers that are available. Encourage them to get in touch with you and be sure to be open to meet their need should they get in touch with you.
Using the Right Format
- Make use of good stationery. You can buy standard stationery from craft stores that are professional-looking and will definitely give an elegant touch to your letter. Make sure to choose stationery or business cards that will be appropriate for a wide variety of business settings.
- Add a token or small gift (optional). If you can, you can go the extra mile by sending a small gift together with your thank-you letter. It should be small, useful, and one that would represent the company.
Parts of the Client Thank-You Letter
This is the most basic of all regarding the business thank-you letter. Keep reading to get a better grasp about what we mean.
Have Strong Opening Lines
Your opening line will be memorable, so you have to make sure that it is strong.
- “Thank you for being a part of the business for [number] years. We highly appreciate your loyalty and we are pleased to have you as our customer.”
- “We truly appreciate your loyalty to the company. We hope to have you for many more years to come.”
Body of the Letter
This is the part of the letter where you will elaborate on the reasons why you are sending a letter of thanks. Being specific is advised.
Mention the ideal days and times when they can get in touch with you. Let them know that you are ready to attend to their concerns if they have any.
- “Again, we are thankful for your patronage and we look forward to more years with you.”
- “You are an important part of our business and we would like to give you this [gift/token] as a sign of our appreciation. Once again, thank you for your loyalty to our business.”
You can get more formatting ideas by checking out Thank-You Letter Format Samples. This article is equipped with formatting sample templates that will be great as references.
New Client Thank-You Letter
Valued Client Thank-You Letter
Financial Service Client Thank-You Letter
Law Service Client Thank-You Letter
Thanking a New Client
There are benefits to sending your new client a thank-you letter. Some of the benefits are as follows:
- It gives you the opportunity to properly welcome the new client to your business. In short, the thank-you letter to your new client also serves as the welcome letter.
- It makes the client feel that you have confidence in your business and that you greatly care about your clients, both new and old.
- It gives your client the perspective that you are committed.
- It gives you the opportunity to tell them what they can expect from your company and what it is that you can deliver.
- You will be able to let the client know the procedures of your business such as business hours. It will help to reduce your client’s confusion and can help to make them trust you more.
- You will be able to give the client a chance to express any concern that they might have. You can leave your contact log and other contact details that are available.
- It helps to develop your relationship with the client and it lets them know more about you.
As someone who is going to write a thank-you letter to your new client, you have to make sure that you really make them feel welcome. Your thank-you letter example can help calm their nerves and stray away from the doubts that they might have about your business. You have to let them know that they made the right decision choosing your business. Remember, your clients will only care if they know how much you care.
14+ Sample Invitation Letters
7+ Invitation Letter Samples
32+ Examples of Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Pages
35+ Sample Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
8+ Sample Thank You Letters for Interview
11+ Thank You Letter Samples
6+ Interview Thank You Letter Samples
23+ Sample Thank You Letters
38+ Thank You Letters
10+ Collection Letter Templates – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Collection Letters – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
43+ Collection Letter Examples – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
8+ Sample Confirmation Letters – DOC
10+ Sample Welcome Letters
7+ Sample Welcome Letter Templates