There are many ways of conducting a follow-up. You can follow up through letters, memos, and nowadays, through e-mail. E-mails are the fastest ways of disseminating your follow-ups. The main goal of sending follow-up e-mails is to check how things or tasks are going. It is basically trying to accomplish something and be able do it in an orderly manner. Writing an effective follow-up e-mail ensures that your response rate will increase.
Here we have seven Sample Follow-Up Letters that you can send as e-mails to your subordinates, teammates, or recruiters. These are in formats that are easy to download and edit in order to save you precious time and be more efficient with your follow-ups.
Sample Follow Up Job Interview Email
Follow Up Email for Job Application
Follow Up Email after Business Meeting
Follow Up Email after No Response
People tend to be very busy or have other things on their plate, so sending them a follow-up e-mail could be the best way to ask for updates and feedback.You may think that writing a follow-up e-mail is as easy as, “Hey! I would like to follow up on Project XXX. Reply ASAP,” but it is actually not. To write an effective follow-up e-mail, here are a few reminders:
- Clarify your objective for the follow-up in order to know what actions are needed to be done after sending the e-mail.
- Emphasize the initial interaction to aid in making follow-ups less of a hassle.
- Be specific. Be clear with your intentions for the follow-up.
- Have a subject that is sure to grab your recipient’s attention. An example would be creating a sense of urgency like incorporating the word tomorrow in your subject line.
- Be polite. Never be rude to your recipient despite the fact that they have not gotten back to your inquiry or initial message.
- Directly ask if there’s a need to stop the follow-up. You do not want to waste your time and your recipient’s time as well.
- Make sure to do your follow-ups in a timely manner. The best would be between 5–7 days in cases where no response was given after the initial meeting or e-mail was done.
Do not worry if you do not get a response right away. There are times that people might just be gauging your patience and see if you would still be sending another follow-up e-mail. It shouldn’t be a daunting task, and it lets your recipient see that you are actually willing to go the extra mile.
Follow Up Email after Sending Proposal
Sales Follow Up Email Example
Follow Up Email after Phone Interview
Follow Up Email to Recruiter in PDF
Sometimes, people do not see the need to follow up or they do not follow up because they fear they could become annoying. Do not feel bad about doing a follow-up especially if what you are asking about is crucial to your business or career. You can follow up as many times as possible, but be sure to be persistent in a respectful manner. Do not sound too pushy or you will fail at getting a reply from you recipient. Always remember that, “The fortune is in the follow-up.”
Aside from sending follow-up e-mails after an interview, you can also send in a thank-you letter. Our Interview Thank You Email Samples will guide you through that.
FREE 18+ Company Profile Samples in MS Word | Google Slides | Keynote | Powerpoint | Pages | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Movie Reviews in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Celsius to Fahrenheit Chart Templates in PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Key Log Templates in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 17+ Letterhead Samples in MS Word
FREE 6+ Sample News Report Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Affidavit of Relationship Samples [ Family, Personal, Brother and Sister ]
FREE 10+ Method Statement Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Frayer Model Templates in PDF
FREE 13+ Sample Training Reports in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Cricket Score Sheet Templates in PDF
FREE 9+ Sample User Manual Templates in PDF
FREE 5+ Sample Graduation Speech in PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Discharge Summary Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Self Introduction Speech Examples for in PDF