A lot of job applicants tend to overlook the fact that sending thank-you letters to their interviewers is actually a very good idea. Did you know that sending one helps to make your job application more solid? If you did not know that yet, then you do now! A thank-you letter is a good tool for you to show the interviewer that you are the best fit for the open position. It gives you another chance to reiterate your skills and qualifications that make you a good match for the position.
If you are a job applicant who has been invited for an interview or who just came from an interview, then this article is definitely for you. We will give you tips and tricks on how you can write your very own post-interview thank-you letter. We also have sample thank-you letters after an interview that will give you a better understanding of what these types of letters look like and what it should include. They will be great references for writing good thank-you letters to hand out to your interviewers. Keep reading and learn more things about post-interview thank-you letters.
After Interview Sample Letter Format
Interview Thank You Letter Example
Sample Thank-You Letter for a Job Interview
Medical Resident Post-Interview Thank-You Letter
After Interview Sample Letter Template
Types of Thank-You Letters You Can Give
Before we start discussing more about post-interview cover letters, let us first tell you a few things about the types of thank-you letters that you can give to people who deserve to be appreciated for some of the good deeds they did.
Handwritten Thank-You Notes or Cards
A handwritten interview thank-you note gives a more personal touch. Especially with calligraphy being in trend right now, handwritten thank-yous are going to be highly appreciated. A few tips to follow before writing a handwritten thank-you letter are the following:
- Practice what you want to say on a piece of scratch paper first. Once you have already finalized what you want to say, it is now time to transfer those words to a stationery or blank note card.
- You can opt to deliver this by yourself or you can also leave this card with the company’s receptionist.
Business-Style Thank-You Letter
Business style thank-you letters are usually typed. This will be a good option especially if you are not confident with your handwriting. If you want to, you can actually print this on a simple and professional stationery. It is also a good idea to keep the formatting uniform with that of your resume. You can deliver this in person, via fax, or direct mail.
Email Thank-You Letters
If you want to send an interview email thank you letter, make sure you are able to collect all the email addresses of the interviewers. Email thank-you letter may be less formal in nature, however, they are great options if the employer makes fast decisions.
What Is the Purpose of the Post-Interview Thank-You Letter?
Now that you know just a little bit more about the types of thank-you letters you can send, let us now discuss what the purpose of a post-interview thank-you letter is.
Your thank-you letter actually serves as an appreciation letter to the person or the people who conducted the interview with you. Your letter will let them know that you appreciate the fact that they took a few minutes of their busy time to talk with you and actually consider your job application. Aside from being able to thank the interviewer and from reiterating your qualifications, your letter will also serve as a follow-up interview letter where you can ask what the current status of your job application is.
Dissecting the Post-Interview Thank-You Letters
So how does a post-interview thank-you letter look like?
Your thank-you letter should follow a proper business letter format. With this being said, it should also be in a block format or all the elements should be aligned to the left side of the page. What can you see in a post-interview thank-you letter?
- The first element that is seen in a post-interview thank-you letter is your personal letterhead, which will include your details such as your current address and your contact numbers.
- The letterhead would be followed by the date when you wrote the letter.
- The next would be the details of the recipient. Make sure you spell the name/s of the interviewer/s and you get their job titles right.
- These letters need not be long. About 5–8 sentences would be enough.
- The introduction of your thank-you letter is where you will thank the interviewer for their time and consideration.
- In the next paragraph, make sure you make it personal, especially if you were interviewed by multiple interviewers. In this paragraph, mention what you appreciated during your interview.
- In the next paragraph, this is where you will reiterate your interest in the position and how your qualifications are a good match for what the company is currently looking for.
- Extend a final thank you for your closing paragraph. This is also the part where you let them know how they can get in touch with you.
Post-Job Interview Thank-You-Letter Worksheet
Sales Trainee Post-Interview Thank You Letter
Sample Interview Thank-You Letter
Thank You Letter After Interview
Interview Thank You Letters
Quick Tips about Post-Interview Thank-You Letters
- If you want to immediately send a thank-you letter, email can be the fastest way to do so. Make sure you ask for your interviewer’s email address before leaving.
- Send your thank-you letters as soon as possible. Between 24–48 hours after the interview is the best timeframe to send your thank-you letters.
- Make sure you thank everyone who interviewed you.
- Keep your letters short. One page would be enough.
- Review your letters before you start sending them. This will help avoid any grammatical errors and misspellings in your letter.
- It is good practice to send a thank-you note even if you decide that you do not want the job. Remember, the interviewer/s made an effort to consider your application for the position. It is just right to appreciate the effort they have made.
It would be a definite miss for you especially if your job interview went great and yet you forget to send in a thank-you letter or even a quick thank-you email. You have to remember that recruiters are very busy and they see a lot of job applicants on a daily basis. By sending a thank-you letter, you give them a subtle reminder of who you are, your enthusiasm toward the position, and they will definitely try to assess how good of a fit you are after for the position as soon as possible.
If you think you might still be having trouble writing a good thank-you letter, that is okay. You may definitely read more about how to write a thank-you letter. Remember to also refer to our sample letters in PDF that are easy to download, are readily printable, and are compatible with your handheld devices. We wish you all the luck in your job search and we hope you get your dream job as soon as possible!
131+ Sample Thank You Letters
35 Sample Resignation Letters in Word
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter Templates
12+ Basic Rental Agreement Letter Templates
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letters
Free Sample Love Letters in Word
11+ Sample Thank You Letters for Gifts Free Download
12+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters
13+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Sample Appeal Letters
12+ Example of Appeal Letter Templates to Download for Free
11+ Appeal Letters – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Appeal Letter Samples – PDF, Word
12+ Appeal Letters – Free Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Retirement Resignation Letters