Have you just received a call from someone asking you to draft an academic recommendation letter on their behalf in order to help them get accepted into an academic institution that they are applying to? If the answer to that is yes, then you have come to the right place!
On this page, we provide you with a variety of academic recommendation letter templates that you may download easily. Moreover, this article can provide you with a brief discussion on how you can effectively boost the applicant’s chances of getting accepted into the course program that he/she is planning to study at a university of his/her choosing. What are you waiting for? Read on below and download the templates that suit your needs!
Academic Recommendation Letter
Student Recommendation Letter
Law Student Recommendation Letter
Scholarship Recommendation Letter
Graduate School Recommendation Letter
Before Writing an Academic Recommendation Letter
Writing an academic recommendation letter is not an easy task. An effective academic recommendation letter has the power to influence a school admissions officer’s decision on whether they should allow an applicant to study in their university. The following items can illuminate your thoughts on how to properly write an effective recommendation letter:
- Familiarize yourself with the educational institution and the academic program your applicant is applying for. Write down the vision and goals of the academic institution or university. Also, when you would get to know what the culture of a university is like, that is when you can write a more tailor-fit recommendation letter.
- Get to know the applicant you are recommending. Of course, the fact that you are being asked to write a recommendation letter on the applicant’s behalf means that he/she has already trusted your knowledge of his/her capabilities enough to rely on your recommendation letter for their school admissions. However, you must be careful that you would not be babbling characteristics of the applicant that are only existent and perceivable years ago. Your letter must also contain current and updated information on the applicant’s achievements, extracurricular activities, volunteer participation, and other important information.
- Know which characteristics you need to emphasize in your letter. In order for you to zero in on the important aspects of the participant that the school admissions officer is looking for, you must obtain at least a sufficient amount of understanding of the nature of the course that the applicant wants to apply for. For instance, if the applicant is applying for a master’s degree in Comparative Literature, then you need to emphasize the applicant’s linguistic prowess and creativity. Meanwhile, if your applicant is applying for an engineering course or degree, then you have to emphasize his/her mathematical ability, spatial skills, and even his/her drafting skills. Indeed, writing an academic recommendation letter can be quite the task.That is why, if you do not have the time to write it, then you must have the integrity to decline the request properly.
PhD Recommendation Letter
Universtiy Recommendation Letter
Post-Graduate Recommendation Letter
Admissions Recommendation Letter
Writing an Academic Recommendation Letter
Are you new to the task of writing academic recommendation letters? Whether you are about to write a scholarship recommendation letter, a college recommendation letter, or any kind of academic recommendation letter, you may follow the tips below:
- Observe the proper format of recommendation letters. You may download our formal recommendation letter templates on this page or scour the Internet for more.
- Start the body of your letter by writing your intention to recommend a certain prospective student.
- State the name of the applicant and the course that he/she is applying for.
- Provide information on the nature of your relationship with said applicant.
- Enumerate the applicant’s characteristics that can help him/her get accepted to the course being applied.
- Cite specific instances when you have noticed the applicant display these characteristics. The most common characteristics that most admissions officers would look for would be any of the following:
- leadership skills
- sharp critical thinking skills
- effective study habits
- In your letter’s conclusion, state your willingness to accommodate further inquiries regarding the applicant you are recommending.
- Lastly, close your letter with a polite remark.
- Write down your complete name below it and affix your complete signature.
FREE 3+ Distribution Agreement Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 2+ Multi Society Immigration Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ School Excuse Letter Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Donation Acknowledgement Letter Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Job Application Letter Samples for Accountant in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 8+ Job Application Letter Samples for Employment in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Debt Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 15+ Landlord Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Camp Counselor Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Sample Faculty Position Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Internship Letter of Interest Samples [ Medical, Counselling, Summer ]
FREE 10+ Credit Dispute Letter Samples [ Card, Inquiry, Bureau ]
FREE 3+ Sample Proposal Letters for Funding in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 5+ Sample Bid Proposal Letters [ Construction, Rejection, Acceptance ]
FREE 6+ Sample Construction Proposal Letters [ Project, Church, Building ]