As a working professional, it’s understandable that you want a career that is not just personally fulfilling but also one that can financially sustain you. However, there may come a point in your career plan when you feel that you deserve more than you are currently earning.
Salary negotiations can be a tricky thing to maneuver, but this can prove to go in your favor if you know the right cards to play. A good place to start would be to open up the subject to your employer through a carefully composed letter. Consider these Sample Letters as reference to start your own salary negotiation.
Free Salary Negotiation Letter After Job Offer Template
Salary Negotiation Letter To Employee Template
Free Salary Negotiation Letter Template
Salary Negotiation Counter Offer Letter Template
Free Salary Negotiation Letter To Employer Template
Salary Negotiation Letter after Job Offer Template
Sample Salary Negotiation after Job Offer Acceptance Letter Template
Reply to Offer Letter for Salary Negotiation Template
Basic Salary Negotiation Letter Template
Salary Negotiation Letter Example
Using a direct yet measured approach is perhaps the best way to approach the subject of salary negotiation in a letter addressed to your immediate superior. Be advised that your chances of getting your salary increased largely depends on your performance review as an employee. If you have been generally consistent and frequently improving at work alongside a flawless attendance record, then there should be no reason why your request for a salary raise would not be considered and approved by higher management. Here are some additional tips to remember when composing your letter:
- Set proper expectations. Even when you’ve done well at work, that still doesn’t give you assurance that you’ll be given a raise, so don’t expect too much at the onset.
- Be polite and rational. The tone of your letter should sound like you’re not aggressively pushing for a raise but respectfully letting your bosses consider your request.
- Anticipate added responsibilities. Bear in mind that an increase in salary will likely mean more duties bestowed upon you, so you have to be ready for this possibility.
Look to these Sample Employment Offer Letters and other helpful examples to give you additional insight in composing your salary negotiation letter.
Salary Offer Negotiation Letter Outline Template
The other thing you have to explicitly mention is the amount that you want your salary to be so that higher management will be aware of your intentions. Aside from your performance at work statement, you can justify your intended salary raise by doing your research and providing data on the appropriate salary rate for a working professional of your caliber. Consider these additional pieces of advice when making a solid defense for a raise in your salary:
- Be consistent and persuasive. The overall tone should suggest a degree of confidence and determination that should help sway your superiors to move in your favor.
- Present alternative options. In case that your bosses may not approve of a salary sheet raise, you should be proactive and think of other suitable options such as improved office perks.
- Strive for future discussions. Mention the possibility of touching base on the subject in the future if you have a feeling that your request will be declined.
Ultimately, it’s your responsibility as an employee to look out for your best interests if the company you work for isn’t giving you the kind of recognition you deserve. Use these Sample Job Rejection Letters and the examples mentioned above to help you attain your desired goals.
FREE 27+ Sample Sponsor Thank You Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Requisition Letter Templates in MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Business Name Change Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 14+ Sample Immigration Reference Letter Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Commitment Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 17+ Letterhead Samples in MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Partnership Proposal Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Financial Aid Appeal Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 5+ Vehicle Purchase Agreement Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Employment Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Letter of Support Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 14+ Quotation Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 14+ Apology Letters to Teacher in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 13+ Sample Letter of Intent for Promotion Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 11+ Court Character Reference Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages