As a working professional, it’s understandable that you want a career that is not just personally fulfilling but also one that can financially sustain you. However, there may come a point in your career plan when you feel that you deserve more than you are currently earning.
Salary negotiations can be a tricky thing to maneuver, but this can prove to go in your favor if you know the right cards to play. A good place to start would be to open up the subject to your employer through a carefully composed letter. Consider these Sample Letters as reference to start your own salary negotiation.
Free Salary Negotiation Letter After Job Offer Template
Salary Negotiation Letter To Employee Template
Free Salary Negotiation Letter Template
Salary Negotiation Counter Offer Letter Template
Free Salary Negotiation Letter To Employer Template
Salary Negotiation Letter after Job Offer Template
Sample Salary Negotiation after Job Offer Acceptance Letter Template
Reply to Offer Letter for Salary Negotiation Template
Basic Salary Negotiation Letter Template
Salary Negotiation Letter Example
Using a direct yet measured approach is perhaps the best way to approach the subject of salary negotiation in a letter addressed to your immediate superior. Be advised that your chances of getting your salary increased largely depends on your performance review as an employee. If you have been generally consistent and frequently improving at work alongside a flawless attendance record, then there should be no reason why your request for a salary raise would not be considered and approved by higher management. Here are some additional tips to remember when composing your letter:
- Set proper expectations. Even when you’ve done well at work, that still doesn’t give you assurance that you’ll be given a raise, so don’t expect too much at the onset.
- Be polite and rational. The tone of your letter should sound like you’re not aggressively pushing for a raise but respectfully letting your bosses consider your request.
- Anticipate added responsibilities. Bear in mind that an increase in salary will likely mean more duties bestowed upon you, so you have to be ready for this possibility.
Look to these Sample Employment Offer Letters and other helpful examples to give you additional insight in composing your salary negotiation letter.
Salary Offer Negotiation Letter Outline Template
The other thing you have to explicitly mention is the amount that you want your salary to be so that higher management will be aware of your intentions. Aside from your performance at work statement, you can justify your intended salary raise by doing your research and providing data on the appropriate salary rate for a working professional of your caliber. Consider these additional pieces of advice when making a solid defense for a raise in your salary:
- Be consistent and persuasive. The overall tone should suggest a degree of confidence and determination that should help sway your superiors to move in your favor.
- Present alternative options. In case that your bosses may not approve of a salary sheet raise, you should be proactive and think of other suitable options such as improved office perks.
- Strive for future discussions. Mention the possibility of touching base on the subject in the future if you have a feeling that your request will be declined.
Ultimately, it’s your responsibility as an employee to look out for your best interests if the company you work for isn’t giving you the kind of recognition you deserve. Use these Sample Job Rejection Letters and the examples mentioned above to help you attain your desired goals.
FREE 12+ Graduate School Recommendation Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Formal Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 19+ Endorsement Letters Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Donation Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 40+ Introduction Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ What to Include in a Commercial Lease Termination Letter [ Tips and Samples ]
FREE 10+ Sample Financial Hardship Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Thank You Letter For Scholarship in MS Word | PDF
FREE 18+ Sample Letter of Credit in PDF | Word
FREE 12+ Sample Refusal Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Job Reference Letter Templates in PDF
FREE 15+ Sample Work Apology Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Job Appointment Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Resignation Letter Examples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 38+ Examples of Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF