As an employer, choosing to let an applicant know that he/she will not be offered the position applied for is important. The way a candidate is treated gives them a perspective of how you are as an employer even if they are not going to be hired by the company. If you are a job candidate who has been offered a job you want to reject, giving a written notice of your decision to the employer should be given.
These Sample Letters will guide you in writing a rejection letter that would officially inform your candidate or employer about your decision.
Sample Employment Offer Rejection Letter
Employment Candidate Rejection Letter
Who Can Use the Sample Employment Rejection Letters?
There is no easy way of telling a candidate that he/she has not been considered for the job. An employment rejection will surely garner disappointment from the candidate, but putting it into writing might just cushion the blow.
- Job candidates
The recruiter has taken the time to analyze your application to validate you as someone who is fit for the position. You owe it to them to politely reject their offer.
Tips for Writing an Employment Rejection Letter
- When you have already made a decision, let your candidate or the hiring officer know that you want to decline the application or the offer. Giving a quick call would be the best thing to do first. Your rejection letter will serve as proper documentation of your decision to decline.
- If you are a hiring officer and have decided to hire someone else, avoid putting into detail why the hired candidate was considered. Likewise, if you are a job candidate, if you have been offered a job or you think that there are inconveniences as to why you are declining the offer, avoid putting these details in your letter.
- Be courteous enough to offer that the company or the job candidate will be considered for future opportunities in case you still see that there could be such possibilities.
- Keep your letter brief and be straightforward with what you want to say.
- If you are a job candidate, express your gratitude to the company for inviting you for an interview. If you are a hiring officer, thank the candidate for investing time and effort when it came to sending his/her application to your firm and coming in for an interview.
Employment Job Rejection Letter Example
Employment Rejection Letter Response PDF
Why Use Sample Employment Rejection Letter Templates?
- For recruiters, having pre-drafted rejection letters is handy if there is a large volume of applicants to be rejected.
- These templates can be easily downloaded and edited since they are in PDF (.pdf) and Word Document (.doc) formats.
- The examples presented in this article are high-quality letters. They use simple English and can be easily understood.
- The sample letters embody a sense of formality and politeness.
Both candidates and hiring officers will feel disappointed when they receive rejection letters. Despite the disappointment, it is important that you never fail to send one so nobody feels undervalued.
You may also refer to Thank You Letters for Job Offer.
FREE 3+ Common Ways Job Applicants Mess Up Their Cover Letters in PDF
FREE 7+ Tenant Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Thank-You Letter to Employees in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook
FREE 12+ Teacher Cover Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Job Application Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Non-Engagement Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Sample Hogwarts Acceptance Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 38+ Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ Company Resignation Letters Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 12+ Letter of Support Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 9+ Termination Letters in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Sample Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Behavior Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Doctor Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 8+ Job Applicant Rejection Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF