As an employer, choosing to let an applicant know that he/she will not be offered the position applied for is important. The way a candidate is treated gives them a perspective of how you are as an employer even if they are not going to be hired by the company. If you are a job candidate who has been offered a job you want to reject, giving a written notice of your decision to the employer should be given.
These Sample Letters will guide you in writing a rejection letter that would officially inform your candidate or employer about your decision.
Sample Employment Offer Rejection Letter
Employment Candidate Rejection Letter
Who Can Use the Sample Employment Rejection Letters?
There is no easy way of telling a candidate that he/she has not been considered for the job. An employment rejection will surely garner disappointment from the candidate, but putting it into writing might just cushion the blow.
- Job candidates
The recruiter has taken the time to analyze your application to validate you as someone who is fit for the position. You owe it to them to politely reject their offer.
Tips for Writing an Employment Rejection Letter
- When you have already made a decision, let your candidate or the hiring officer know that you want to decline the application or the offer. Giving a quick call would be the best thing to do first. Your rejection letter will serve as proper documentation of your decision to decline.
- If you are a hiring officer and have decided to hire someone else, avoid putting into detail why the hired candidate was considered. Likewise, if you are a job candidate, if you have been offered a job or you think that there are inconveniences as to why you are declining the offer, avoid putting these details in your letter.
- Be courteous enough to offer that the company or the job candidate will be considered for future opportunities in case you still see that there could be such possibilities.
- Keep your letter brief and be straightforward with what you want to say.
- If you are a job candidate, express your gratitude to the company for inviting you for an interview. If you are a hiring officer, thank the candidate for investing time and effort when it came to sending his/her application to your firm and coming in for an interview.
Employment Job Rejection Letter Example
Employment Rejection Letter Response PDF
Why Use Sample Employment Rejection Letter Templates?
- For recruiters, having pre-drafted rejection letters is handy if there is a large volume of applicants to be rejected.
- These templates can be easily downloaded and edited since they are in PDF (.pdf) and Word Document (.doc) formats.
- The examples presented in this article are high-quality letters. They use simple English and can be easily understood.
- The sample letters embody a sense of formality and politeness.
Both candidates and hiring officers will feel disappointed when they receive rejection letters. Despite the disappointment, it is important that you never fail to send one so nobody feels undervalued.
You may also refer to Thank You Letters for Job Offer.
131+ Sample Thank You Letters
35 Sample Resignation Letters in Word
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter Templates
12+ Basic Rental Agreement Letter Templates
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letters
Free Sample Love Letters in Word
11+ Sample Thank You Letters for Gifts Free Download
12+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters
13+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Sample Appeal Letters
12+ Example of Appeal Letter Templates to Download for Free
11+ Appeal Letters – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Appeal Letter Samples – PDF, Word
12+ Appeal Letters – Free Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Retirement Resignation Letters