When you receive a donation or sponsorship from a certain individual, corporation, institution, or other entities, it is not only a sign of professionalism that you send a thank-you letter immediately upon reception of the said donations, but it is essential in order to solidify the bond between fund-raiser and donor.
Are you perplexed with your letter-writing? Fret not, for we understand how difficult it is to fabricate a warm and well-thought out thank-you letter to your donors. In order to help ease you through the process of writing your thank-you letter, you may download our collection of fund-raising thank-you letters for free. These samples are easy to edit using any text editing program for these are in Doc and PDF formats. Scroll down below to enjoy our carefully crafted Sample Letters!
Cancer Fund-raiser Thank-You Letter
School Fund-raiser Thank-You Letter
Golf Fund-raiser Thank-You Letter
Charity Fund-raiser Thank-You Letter
What Is Fund-raising?
Fund-raising is the process of gathering voluntary contributions from individuals, companies, charitable institutions, corporations, and other affluent entities that have the capacity to render financial assistance or any form of assistance toward an individual or nonprofit organization/institution.
The types of contributions that a fund-raiser may offer are the following:
- monetary donations;
- donations of other non-financial resources (manpower, T-shirts, raw materials, etc.); or
- granting of permission to use specific establishments or equipment with the intent of helping an individual or institution in furthering their fund-raising goals and objectives.
What Is a Fund-raising Thank-You Letter?
Now that we know what fund-raising is, it logically follows therefore, that a fund-raising thank-you letter is a letter sent by the fund-raiser to a donor or sponsor immediately right after the voluntary contributions have been received.
Fund-raiser Thank-You Letter Sample
Church Fund-raiser Thank-You Letter
Political Fund-raiser Thank-You Letter
Fund-raiser Thank-You Letter Example
The Importance of Expressing Your Gratitude toward Donors
- In order to build the bridge for future donations. Your genuine display of gratitude will solidify the bond between donor and donee and thus, this opens the possibility of the donor’s receptivity of future fund-raising requests.
- In order to assure your donors that their donations have been utilized in a meaningful manner and that their donations have helped immensely in achieving your organizational or individual goals/objectives.
How to Write a Fund-raising Thank-You Letter
1. Start with a formal and friendly introduction.
Start with a standard “Dear Sir/Ma’am.” Inserting the names of the recipients would definitely be a plus.
2. State briefly that you are thankful for their donations.
Avoid being too gushy in this part of the letter. Be sure that your gratitude is genuine, for donors will notice when a letter is teeming with empty and insubstantial platitudes.
3. Use a story to show them the fruits of their donations.
Donations are usually made with the consideration of achieving certain objectives or goals. That is why, make sure that you assure your donors of how you have allocated or plan to allocate their donations. If possible, narrate a story that exemplifies the manner with which their donation has progressed your goals. For example, you could mention a specific person’s name whose living conditions had been improved due to the donations.
4. Subtly encourage them to be more supportive of your organization’s cause or visions.
If necessary only, you may state that your organization is wide open for future contributions. Also, don’t forget to include your contact details in this part.
5. End with a formal closing.
For more reference, our collection of Thank-You Letters for Donation will also be of great use to you.
131+ Sample Thank You Letters
35 Sample Resignation Letters in Word
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter Templates
12+ Basic Rental Agreement Letter Templates
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letters
Free Sample Love Letters in Word
11+ Sample Thank You Letters for Gifts Free Download
12+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters
13+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Sample Appeal Letters
12+ Example of Appeal Letter Templates to Download for Free
11+ Appeal Letters – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Appeal Letter Samples – PDF, Word
12+ Appeal Letters – Free Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Retirement Resignation Letters