A reference letter is usually written by someone related to the person who needs it. It may be used for different purposes from work-related issues to personal matters.
Reference letters have different contents depending on where it will be used. Basically, it contains positive feedback and information about the person that needs it. It may also be for the purpose of verification whether the person writing the letter is related to the person who cited him or her, or the facts that the person have submitted to an employer or different establishments are really facts.
Use our Sample Letters as your example when writing not only reference letters but also for other purposes.
Graduate School Reference Letter Example
Character Reference Letter
Faculty Reference Letter Sample
Business Reference Letter Example
Reference letters are usually written, but is not limited to be used, for the following reasons:
- Application for graduate school. Reference letters from a college professor or a thesis adviser can be of great use for applicants who want to enter graduate school.
- Employment. After interviewing applicants, employers need reference letters to assure that all that is written in the resume especially the applicant’s job qualifications and work experiences are true.
- Faculty position advancement. Other teachers or the school supervisor may write a reference letter so that the committee handling promotions for teachers can be assured that they are giving a career advancement to the right person.
- Rental. Landlords and unit owners may need a reference letter to know that the person who is to rent their place have good character and can be trusted. Other documents like a police clearance may be needed to support reference letters.
- Loans. Bank reference letters are needed most of the time if you are getting loans. Within the reference letter of this kind is a statement of the bank that you have been their client for a certain period of time and that you should be qualified to get a loan.
- Volunteer works. Organizations need a reference letter before accepting volunteers especially if the organization handles money for charity and other humanitarian works. They need to be sure that the intention of the person for volunteering is sincere.
Immigration Reference Letter Sample
Work Reference Letter
Rental Reference Letter
Volunteer Reference Letter
Trade Reference Letter Sample
Reference Letter for Adoption
Neutral Reference Letter Sample
A reference letter that can give a positive impact to whatever purpose it is to be used shall include the following information:
- The date on which the reference letter was written
- The name of the person who is writing the letter and how he or she is related to the person needing the letter
- Citing certain events that can help build a positive character background for the subject of the letter
- Good qualities and great aspects of the subject’s personality
- Recommendation given to the person you are writing for
A reference letter can either give a positive or negative impact to the purpose that you are having. So make sure to properly select the people that you are asking to write a reference letter for you. They should know you professionally and should have even a simple background of your personality, traits, and attitude.
We have Personal Reference Letter Samples that you can send to your chosen references so they can easily create one for you.
14+ School Resignation Letter Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Meeting Thank-You Letter Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Thank-You Follow-up Letters
6+ Sample Thank-You Follow-Up Letters
40+ Sample Request Letters
54+ Request Letters Formats
43+ Request Letter Samples
19+ Invitation Letters
14+ Sample Invitation Letters
7+ Invitation Letter Samples
32+ Examples of Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Pages
35+ Sample Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
8+ Sample Thank You Letters for Interview
11+ Thank You Letter Samples
6+ Interview Thank You Letter Samples