10+ Construction Method Statement Samples
The construction field is never an easy job, whether you are the engineer, the supervisor, the management or the worker. There is a need for someone to equip specific skills so that they can be qualified in doing their part in constructing a building or a structure. In having building structure proposals, it is also important to undergo a lot of planning when it comes to interior designing, budget allocation and possible action plans that the team should do if ever they are to encounter certain problems. Construction method is also essential in determining the ways and means in constructing. Means and Methods of Construction — a term used in construction to describe the techniques and tactics (usually temporary structures) a contractor employs to complete construction of a permanent project or structure. With this, there is a need for construction processes to have construction method statements to formalize the documentation of the said method. It might bring you some headache if you are making this from the very scratch. To ease this burden, our site is offering you effective and available templates that you could choose from. Browse among these templates and choose the one that suits your needs the most. Customize it according to your preferences then voila!
For other statement templates, we are also offering templates like Legal Purpose Statement, Work Method Statement, Teacher Statement of Purpose, Research Proposal Problem Statement, Management Problem Statement, Acknowledgement Statement, Apology Statement, Data Privacy Statement, University Statement of Purpose and etc. This article will not only give you available templates to choose from but also provide you with essential topics and details about your construction method proposal.
1. Construction Method Statement Sample
2. Printable Construction Method Statement
3. Standard Construction Method Statement
4. Construction Method Statement Format
5. General Construction Method Statement
6. Formal Construction Method Statement
7. Editable Construction Method Statement
8. State Wide Construction Method Statement
9. Basic Construction Method Statement
10. Strategic Construction Method Statement
11. Professional Construction Method Statement
What Are Method Statements?
Method statements are documents that detail exactly how to carry out work safely. When it comes to ensuring building site health and safety, method statements are key. The purpose of method statements is to describe the safety precautions to put in place to control risks identified in the risk assessment. Method statements are widely used in construction as a means of controlling specific health and safety risks that have been identified (perhaps following the preparation of a risk assessment), such as lifting operations, demolition or dismantling, working at height, installing equipment, the use of plant, and so on. A method statement helps manage the work and ensures that the necessary precautions have been communicated to those involved.
Who Will Write The Method Statement?
Method statements should be written by a competent person who is familiar with the process being described and may need to be agreed between the client, principal contractor and contractor. The authorities suggests that those preparing method statements should consider:
- Is there a safer way of doing this task?
- Will workers actually implement the controls as planned?
- Do controls make the job difficult or inconvenient?
- Are there small changes that will improve the intended method?
- How will controls work in adverse conditions?
- Will workers require additional briefing or instructions?
What Must Be The Content of a Method Statement?
- Details of the organisation in control of the activity.
- Details of the individual responsible for the activity.
- A description of the activity.
- A description of how the work will be managed.
- The location of the activity, its boundaries, means of access and how it is segregated from other activities.
- Plant and equipment required.
- The procedure for changing the proposed method of work if necessary.
- A step by step description of the activities to be undertaken.
- Precautions necessary to protect workers, and other people that could be affected, including personal protective equipment and ventilation requirements.
- Training procedures.
- The need for specially-trained operators for certain activities.
- Emergency procedures, including the location of emergency equipment.
- The handling and storage of materials and pollution prevention procedures.
- Temporary works designs.
What should a method statement include?
The first section of your Method Statement document is the header information and should be used to provide information to your staff or prospective clients. This section might include: A title e.g., Work Method Statement or Standard Operating Procedure. A brief description of the work to be carried.
What are the legal requirements of method statement?
So while they may not be a specific legal requirement, method statements are a way of complying with the law by making appropriate arrangements for preventive and protective measures and providing information and instruction to the workforce.
What is the difference between risk assessment and method statement?
Risk assessments are an assessment of risk, they tell you what controls are needed. A method statement will detail in what order those control measures will be used, and how to carry out the work safely. You can see what these documents look like, and create one for yourself.
Making this statement is not an easy job, you need to consider a lot of factors in choosing and presenting your construction method. With this, it is much recommendable to utilize all available resources online to make your job easier. Doing this for the safety of everyone is beyond what a noble job means. What are you waiting for? Avail our templates now!
FREE 21+ Sample Scope of Work Templates
FREE 13+ Statement of Work Templates
FREE 11+ Construction Application Samples
FREE 10+ Profit and Loss Report Samples
FREE 10+ Project Handover Samples
FREE 9+ Sample Safety Statement Templates
FREE 9+ Quality Policy Samples
FREE 8+ Sample Manual Handling Risk Assessments
FREE 7+ Sample Traditional Income Statements
FREE 5+ Contractor Letter of Intent Samples
FREE 46+ Statement Forms
FREE 27+ Statement Formats & Samples
FREE 19+ Cost Benefit Analysis Templates
FREE 10+ Work Proposals
FREE 10+ Accounts Receivable Templates