A memorandum, popularly known as a memo, is a message or a note that is sent to the members of an organization as a reminder of an event, especially those that are related to business. A legal memorandum is one example of a memorandum. It is used as a note during legal transactions where details of the said transaction is recorded for future reference.
A format of a memo depends on how it is going to be used and the institution who will be using it. If you need memo templates to make your work easier, you may take advantage of the free samples below.
New Employee Memo
Employee Meeting Memo
Employee Warning Memo
Employee Memo Sample
What Is a Memo in Business Communication?
A memo is defined as a document or a note where important details are recorded for the sole purpose of aiding one’s memory. This memo is then used as future reference to recall what has been discussed in certain transactions. During an executive meeting among the high-ranking officials of a company, a memo is written down about what they have discussed that is related to business. After the memo has been drafted, it will be finalized to be communicated to the all of the members of the organization. You can check our sample memo.
What Is an Employee Counseling Memo?
There are instances when an employer or the immediate supervisor of an employee needs to conduct counseling. The counseling is done based on the employer’s or immediate superior’s observation about the employee’s performance or behavior. This counseling is done between the employer and the employee alone. The intention of the counseling is to help the employee make improvements and provide feedback to correct a certain problem. Once the draft about the memo has been finalized, the employee is asked to read and sign that memo as proof that they have read and understood it. Also take a look at our memo formats.
Employee Counseling Memo Template
Employee Discipline Memo
Employee Recognition Memo
Employee Memo Format
Employee Transfer Memo
Employee Promotion Memo
What Is the Purpose of the Employee Memo?
An employee memo is a short document that communicates instructions or information that is given by the higher-ups to their employees. These memos should all be professional memos.
- A memo is used in order to communicate instructions or share news about something within the organization.
- If there are problems within an organization, a memo is used to address that problem in order to seek a resolution.
- A request can also be made by creating a memo.
- Like in a counseling, feedback can also be provided with the use of a memo.
Tips to Write Best Employee Memo
- Make your memo clear and concise to avoid confusion.
- Use simple words and avoid technical terms. This will prevent the employee from misunderstanding the memo being communicated.
- Use an appropriate memo format for the type of memo you will make, like if it is a formal or an informal memo. You can use our employee memo template and legal memo as reference.
- Use a font style that can easily be read.
- Write the date that the memo is written and sent, as well as the effective dates if there is a need for action to be taken.
FREE 8+ Formal Memos in MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 8+ Executive Memo Templates in MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 10+ Executive Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Audit Memos in MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 6+ Sample Legal Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs
FREE 7+ Sample Legal Memo Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 6+ External Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs
FREE 31+ Sample Memos in PDF
FREE 8+ Bid Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Blank Memos in MS Word | PDF
FREE 5+ Blank Memos in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Notice Memos in PDF
FREE 9+ Employee Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Budget Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Standard Memo Templates in PDF | MS Word