A board memo is a memorandum that came from the members of the specific board of an organization, like a board of directors. The purpose of a board memo is to communicate the details of a board meeting to the rest of the organization. These details could be a set of instructions or news about company policy changes and other stuff related to the organization.
A business memorandum, on the other hand, is a formally written document that is also used a means of communication. Each of these 7+ board memo template have well-established formats and are styled to be the most effective memo there is.
Board Meeting Memo Template
Memo Template for Board of Directors
Army Board Memo Example
Medical Board Memo
How to Write a Board Memo
- In every memo there should be a heading. It should be written on top and its size should be different from the rest of the content, like what we did in our sample memo formats.
- Identify the purpose of the board memo. Recall what has been discussed in the board meeting or jot down notes while the meeting is going on.
- If the board meeting talked about a lot of topics, write them down and then select those that are beneficial to the whole organization or those that which the employees need to know.
- Determine the target audience of the memo you are making.
- Include the date the memo will be sent.
- Write the body of the memo in a clear and concise manner leaving no room for confusion or assumptions.
- Provide details about the topic of the memo and how it can be resolved or addressed.
- Include the effective date and any feedback that the recipients have to make improvements.
- Write a conclusion before closing your memo.
- Spell-check and proofread your work, and make sure that there are no spelling and grammatical errors.
Free Memo Template
Sample Board Memo
Professional Board Memo
School Board Memo Template
Tips for Memo Writing
Writing a memo is not simply for communicating particular information. A memo should be effective and understandable, otherwise it will just be another letter or email to throw to the trash. In order to make your memo as effective as possible, use these tips that we have gathered to help. Hey, you can also download any of our memo samples. They are all guaranteed to be effective, just like our sample professional memo templates.
- Always write a heading for your memo. This will let them now that it is a memo and not just some regular communication letter.
- Keep your memo short and simple. Nobody would want to read something as long as a two- to three-page memo. Keep it real.
- Your memo should be written in a clear and concise manner. Don’t give your audience a chance at confusion and assumptions.
- Avoid technical terms and use simple words that everybody understands without the need to look it up in a dictionary. I say no to jargon.
- Use a neat and professional format.
- Just like writing formal letters, use traditional font styles and and readable font size between 10 to 12.
- Most of all, always spell-check and have someone proofread your work.
FREE 10+ Strategy Memos in MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 8+ Executive Memo Templates in MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 10+ Executive Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs
FREE 8+ Formal Memos in MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 6+ Sample Legal Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Audit Memos in MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 6+ External Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs
FREE 7+ Sample Legal Memo Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 31+ Sample Memos in PDF
FREE 8+ Bid Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Blank Memos in MS Word | PDF
FREE 5+ Blank Memos in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Employee Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Notice Memos in PDF
FREE 9+ Budget Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF