There are different ways to exchange information. A business formal letter is used as an instrument of communication among different companies or between the company and the clients, while business memorandum is a formal document used as communication among the people within the organization to exchange data or announce some important changes or information.
Memos are set to be shorter than formal letters. There are different types of memo that play different roles and contents. Some of the types are the following: operational memos, financial memos, confirmation memos, announcement memos, request for action memos, response to an inquiry memo, and disciplinary memo.You may also see budget memos.
Disciplinary Memo Template
Disciplinary Action Memo Template
Progressive Disciplinary Memo
What Are the Types of Disciplinary Actions?
Based on the sample memos, one type of memo that contains information that need immediate response is disciplinary memo. You can use memo templates for written disciplinary action.
1. Verbal warning.
Usually the first step when a disciplinary action is needed. This is done in private to respect the employee and observe confidentiality. The supervisor will advise the employee regarding the action that violated the policy of the company.You may also see strategy memos
2. Written warning.
A more formal action than verbal warning. This formal written document would be kept and will be part of the employee’s records. Usually the employee must appeal or respond to the letter within 24 hours.You may also see internal memo templates
The employee will not be able to attend his duty, and he will have no pay for the duration of the suspension. The length of the suspension will vary on the severity of infarction of his actions.You may also see board memo templates
- Reduction in pay
Procedure for Disciplinary at Work
The company should have a protocol for what procedure and memo format to follow whenever a disciplinary action is needed. These disciplinary procedures should be included either in the employee contract or employee handbook where it is easily available for the staff to read. It should contain details on what behavior and performance qualifies disciplinary action.
1. Set out a letter regarding the issue.
2. Set a meeting to discuss the issue.
3. Conclude a disciplinary decision.
4. Give a chance to appeal this decision.
Disciplinary Discussion Memo
Disciplinary Memo Format
Disciplinary Documentation Memo
How to Start a Disciplinary Memo
Here is a guide on how to start a disciplinary memo. In addition, free memos could be availed to serve as your template when writing one:
1. Write CONFIDENTIAL at the top of the document
2. Provide the problem or main issue immediately. Include the date and time of the significant event or incident where the issue that required disciplinary notice is concerned.You may also see formal memos.
3. Write the impact of unit in the next paragraph. This way the employee will be reminded what the consequences of his/her actions are, how this affects the organization, and which part did he/she violate.
4. List the statement of expectations and follow up.You may also see confidential memos
5. Include the consequence of behavior.You may also see professional memos.
Employee Disciplinary Memo
Disciplinary Warning Memo
Disciplinary Memo Sample
Tips to Write the Best Disciplinary Memo
Memo sample is available online but it is still important to know some important techniques on how to write an effective and the best disciplinary memo. There are also legal samples offered whenever you need a more formal template.
1. Provide enough notice that are needed.
2. Provide the specific course of action.You may also see email memo samples
3. Maintain confidentiality.
4. Usage of significant wording.You may also see blank memos.
6+ Audit Memo – Examples in Word, PDF
15+ Meeting Memo – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Notice Memo – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
9+ Employee Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Budget Memo Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
6+ Audit Memos – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
9+ Internal Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Standard Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Board Memo Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Board Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Employee Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Memorandum Samples
6+ Legal Memo Format Samples
10+ Memo Samples in Word
9+ Memo Samples