Are you managing a large-scale business or company? If so, then you must be familiar with the need to communicate with your employees, department heads, and superiors in a professional and effective manner. The internal memorandum is the perfect document for your organizational purposes.
To help guide you in writing internal memorandums, we have templates on this page that contain the appropriate format of memo. We also have legal memorandum templates for those working in a law firm, a judicial office, or a public attorney’s office.
Sample Internal Memo Template
Internal Audit Memo Sample Template
Sample Restaurant Internal Memo Template
Corporate Internal Memo Template
Legal Internal Memo
Company Internal Memo
Internal Office Memo
Internal Business Memo
What Is the Meaning of an Internal Memorandum?
An internal memo is a document that is used by organizations and companies to inform, share news, update, address an issue, and to provide appropriate feedback. A memo can be sent physically or through email.
How to Write an Internal Memo
Writing an internal memo is not an easy task. You have to take great caution in ensuring that your final memo is a professionally sounding one. To help guide you in writing an internal memo, here are some guidelines you may follow:
- Company memorandum
1. Determine what type of internal memorandum you are making first. Are you writing it to inform employees regarding a new company policy? Or are you writing to notify them of a pressing issue with their performance? The purpose of your memorandum can play a role in determining how to section off your memorandum as well as its length and format. To know more about the varying types of internal memos, you may refer to our website’s collection of professional memo and memorandum samples templates.
2. Write a clear subject line.
3. In the body of your memo, state right away the information you want to deliver.
4. If your memo requires an action, spend another paragraph in explaining the specific actions you require from your memo-recipients.
- Legal memorandum
1. Write your legal office’s letterhead (name, logo, contact number).
2. Write your name.
3. Address your recipient using their complete name. Indicate his/her position in our law firm or law office as well.
4. Write a subject title that briefly states what the memo is all about.
5. Provide a brief summary of the legal issue or case that you are trying to address.
6. Write another paragraph that explains what legal actions you have taken or about to take in order to resolve the legal issue stated.
Internal Audit Planning Memo
Internal Control Memo
Internal Management Memo
Internal Memo Sample
When Can You Use an Internal Memo?
- An office memo is used
- to inform subordinates of a new company policy;
- to inform all the staff involved of a new merger;
- to formally request a staff to attend a meeting, a corporate function, or event; and
- to warn an employee regarding his/her absenteeism, tardiness, inadequate performance, etc.
- A legal memo is used
- to provide a legal advice and
- to inform legal officers regarding a ruling, a pending case, or an important information regarding a case. To know more about the varying types of memorandums, you may check out our collection of memo formats.
FREE 6+ Sample Legal Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Audit Memos in MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 7+ Sample Legal Memo Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 6+ External Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Audit Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs
FREE 31+ Sample Memos in PDF
FREE 8+ Bid Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Blank Memos in MS Word | PDF
FREE 5+ Blank Memos in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Employee Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Notice Memos in PDF
FREE 9+ Budget Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8 Board Memo Templates in PDF
FREE 8+ Board Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Standard Memo Templates in PDF | MS Word