A notice memorandum is a document distributed within and outside a company, a government agency, an institution, a corporation, or any form of organization to communicate important information.
Whether you are writing a business memorandum, a legal memorandum, or an office memorandum, we have templates on this page that can show you the proper format and framework of the different types of notice memorandums.
Sample of Holiday Notice Memo
Meeting Notice Memo Sample
Notice Memo Sample
Notice Memo Format
Free Notice Memo Template
What Is the Difference between a Notice, a Memorandum, and a Circular?
A lot of managers and organizational leaders often make the mistake of thinking that a notice, a memorandum, and a circular are one and the same thing. This is a grave misconception as each of these documents are used for a specific purpose in order to address specific types of audiences.
The following are the differences between a notice, a memorandum, and a circular:
- A circular is more widely distributed to the public. It is usually distributed in the form of leaflets or flyers. There is no targeted audience in a circular as it usually aims to inform or attract the attention of the public in general.
- A memorandum is more internal than a circular. It is usually distributed within companies, institutions, and organizations. To obtain more understanding of a memo, get to know the proper memo format. In doing so, you may refer to our collection of professional memo templates.
- A notice, on the other hand, can both be widely distributed or otherwise. The main characteristic of a notice is its specificity when it comes to targeting only those audience that are relevant to the information contained in the notice. For example, a notice regarding a foreclosure of a property concerns the public, hence it can be placed in a paper of wide distribution. On the other hand, if the purpose of the notice is to inform a certain department of a company, then that notice must only be sent to the head of that department.
Staff Notice Memo
Exchange Notice Memo Template
Resignation Notice Memo
Vacation Notice Memo Sample
What Is a Notice Memorandum?
It is a document that is used by organizations to do the following:
- To inform
- To resolve an issue
- To reprimand
- To congratulate
- To provide feedback
- To call for a specific response or action
How to Write a Notice Memorandum
- Pattern your notice memorandum according to a proper format. You may refer from our free memo samples on site. We also have accounting memo templates should you be making memos for an accounting branch or firm.
- Write the “To” and “From” in order to make things easier for the recipient of your notice memorandum to determine whether its for them or not.
- Write the subject line. It must contain a brief description of what your notice is all about.
- If you are sending your notice by email, you may carbon copy your email to your immediate superior to inform them of the notices you have been issuing.
- In the body of your notice, clearly state the information you want to impart. Avoid ambiguous and superfluous language. The more concise its content, the easier would it be for your reader to digest it.
- Affix your signature.
6+ External Memo Templates – Examples in Word, PDF, Google Docs
9+ Audit Memo – Examples in Word, PDF
14+ Memo Writing Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
14+ Memo Writing Samples & Templates – PDF
31+ Sample Memos
7+ Bid Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
7+ Blank Memo – Examples in Word, PDF
5+ Blank Memos – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
9+ Employee Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Budget Memo Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
6+ Standard Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Board Memo Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Board Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Employee Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
10+ Memo Samples in Word