The bid memorandum is the handiest and efficient communication tool used by bidding organizers. Its specificity and formality of language allow bidding organizers to effectually impart information to its bidding participants.
Just like other memo types, a bid memo must follow the standard memo formatting guidelines for bid memos. To obtain a clearer understanding of how to properly fabricate a bid memo, you may use our templates on this page as your guide in memo-writing.
Bid Information Memo Template
Bid Recommendation Memo
Bid Analysis Memo
What Is a Bid Memo?
A bid memorandum is just like any type of memorandum in the sense that its primary purpose is to spread information to individuals who are involved in the issue that is the subject of the memorandum. A bid memorandum is issued to the participants of an ongoing bidding process in order to provide them with significant and pressing information regarding a bidding process.
To have a clearer understanding of how a bid memo looks like, you may refer to the bid memo templates on this page. We also have other blank memo and sample memo templates that are available for download.
What Are the Uses of Bid Memos?
The impetus for the issuance of bid memorandums are numerous. The most common ones are the following:
- A bid memo is the perfect avenue for the hosts or organizers of a bidding process to properly congratulate the entity that has won the bidding process.
- A bid memo is used to inform other participants of a bidding process that his/her proposal has not been chosen for specific reasons. A bidding memo can politely deliver the news of rejection as it is in written in a professional tone, thus enabling the writer to succinctly explain the reasons why the participant’s proposal did not pass their criteria.
- A bid memo can be used to invite certain businesses and enterprises to participate in a bidding process.
Free Bid Memo Template
Bid Evaluation Memo
Bid Opening Memo
Sample Bid Memo
Guidelines in Writing the Best Bid Memos
Writing a bid memorandum can be a tedious task if you do not know the basics. Below are some guidelines you can follow in writing a bid memorandum:
- Prior to actually writing the bid memorandum, create an outline of the information that you plan on including in the memo.
- Observe the proper memo format. For reference, you may use the sample memo templates that are available for download on this page.
- Label your document with its functional label, specifically “Bid Memorandum.”
- Indicate the name of your business, address, and contact information. You can also include your logo at the top right corner.
- Just like in a letter, write the name, title, and address of your recipient.
- Write the salutation.
- In the body of your letter, start by stating clearly the main idea of the information you plan to impart in the memo.
- Go to the specifics of the subject of your bid memo.
- Lastly, close your memo in a formal manner with a polite closing remark.
- Affix your signature.
For other memorandum-writing needs, browse our website’s vast collection of memo templates. We also have downloadable legal memo templates.
6+ External Memo Templates – Examples in Word, PDF, Google Docs
9+ Audit Memo – Examples in Word, PDF
14+ Memo Writing Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
14+ Memo Writing Samples & Templates – PDF
31+ Sample Memos
7+ Blank Memo – Examples in Word, PDF
5+ Blank Memos – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Notice Memo – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
9+ Employee Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Budget Memo Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
6+ Standard Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Board Memo Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Board Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Employee Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
10+ Memo Samples in Word