What is a memo? A memo is a written note or message typically used in business. The purpose of a memo is to enable different departments in a company or business to communicate. An informal memo is a type of memo that is not used for businesses or any corporate company.
Writing a memo template is a quick and useful way in getting a message across several departments in the business. If you need an audit memo, we have a selection of templates and samples available in word and PDF that you can download. To know the steps on how to write one, read about it below.
Sample Audit Memo Template
Internal Audit Memo Template
External Audit Memo Sample Template
Audit Planning Memo
Audit Announcement Memo
Audit Strategy Memo
Internal Audit Memo
How to Write an Audit Memo
Writing a memo for an audit is essential in order to inform the company of the findings and results of the performed audit. An audit memo can also be sent to an entity before an audit is made, for the purpose of informing them that an audit is going to be done. The downloadable memo template and memo format available on this page will help you in formatting your memo. Here we have the steps to help you write your audit memo:
- As with any type of document, always remember to write the date of your memo.
- To be able to create a legal memo, include necessary details such as the name of the auditing firm, the address, and the identification number.
- Also write the name of the client or entity where the audit is done, their address, and contact number.
- In the body of your memo, write about the results of the audit that was made and indicate which departments of the company was audited.
- Write the recommendations of the auditing team as well as the processes that are needed to be done in order to fix these problems.
- Write your contact number in case the company needs to do a follow-up.
- Sign the memo.
Memo for Company Audit
Annual Audit Plan Memo
Risk Assessment Audit Memo
Uses of an Audit Memo
- An audit memo can be used as a form of communication between the auditing team and the company or business.
- An audit memo can also be used by an auditing firm to remind a company that an audit is due.
- It can also be used to assign a specific task or request in the company’s different departments.
- An audit memo is also useful and is an inexpensive method to send out a message.
Types of Memo
A memo sample has various formats depending on its type. You can refer to our downloadable sample memo if you want to know the components of a basic memo. Here we have listed the most common types of memo:
- Request Memo – this type of memo is used when a writer wants to send out a particular request to another individual.
- Confirmation Memo – a confirmation memo is a type of memo used to confirm a request or any message done verbally. A confirmation may be used as a record of a discussion.
- Periodic Report Memo – a periodic report memo is a type of memo sent out to particular departments in the workplace at a monthly or quarterly basis.
6+ External Memo Templates – Examples in Word, PDF, Google Docs
14+ Memo Writing Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
14+ Memo Writing Samples & Templates – PDF
31+ Sample Memos
7+ Bid Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
7+ Blank Memo – Examples in Word, PDF
5+ Blank Memos – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Notice Memo – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
9+ Employee Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Budget Memo Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
6+ Standard Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Board Memo Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Board Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Employee Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
10+ Memo Samples in Word