Sharing information and updates to workmates are now fast and easy thanks to the high technology that surrounds us nowadays. But in the organization, the important details and news have to be recorded and documented when needed to be relayed. That is where the importance of business memorandum format comes in.
There are lots of memo types other than business memorandum that are used within the organization to formally inform the employees and announce news or changes. In addition to this, whenever a disciplinary action is needed and verbal warning has been done, a written warning in a form of a memo should be sent.
Sample Business Memo Template
Premium Business Memo Template
Business Email Memo Template
Professional Business Memo
Business Persuasive Memo
Internal Business Memo
Business Recommendation Memo
How to Write a Business Memo to Your Employee
- Label your memo with “Memorandum” at the top
- Write the heading of your memo. Like any sample memo you’ll find it has the recipient, the sender, subject line, and date.
- Use proper and appropriate names and titles for your recipient.
- In composing your subject line, make sure that it is short, clear, and represents the whole content.
- It is all right to skip salutation depending on the matter and your approach.
- Compose the introductory section of the memo.
- Keep your introduction brief.
- Organize the body of your memo.
- Provide a closing section, a summary paragraph might be included.
What Is Business Memo Used For?
Memo is used for sharing news and latest happenings within the organization, whether it concerns the overall management or in specific department. Whenever there is a management issue or new corporate policies, the memo is used to send out an explanation about this. It addresses a problem. Whenever you need to get the attention of one of the employees, you could just send a memo. One of the memo samples is the disciplinary memo, which is used for disciplinary action. Another use is when you make a request, usually request for attendance during meetings. Lastly, it is used to provide feedback.
Memo for Professional Business
Standard Business Memo
Project Management Business Memo
Business Informative Memo
Business Case Memo
What Does a Business Memo Contain?
Business memo usually contains 7 major sections that are significant to deliver the important information.
- Heading segment. Includes the recipient, the sender, date, and subject.
- Opening segment. This contains the purpose of the memo, the preview of the issue or problem, and the task.
- The problem or the issue. This is the contextual part that would describe the circumstances, the background of the subject matter or the event.
- Task segment. This includes the plan of action of the management to solve the problem or how the issue is being handled.
- Summary segment
- Discussion section
- Closing or conclusion section
Preparing before You Write a Business Memo
You can use sample business memo for the memorandum you will send within the organization, but before that, check out your company’s policies because the company might have adapted their own legal memo format. Furthermore, it is important to prepare before sending out information because once a memo has been sent, it would be difficult to change it immediately. This might cause confusion and miscommunication.
- First, decide if a memo has to be sent.
- Identify the main purpose of writing the memo.
- Remember that a memo is short and concise, narrow your topic.
- Consider your intended audience.
9+ Executive Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
8+ Strategy Memo – Examples in Word, PDF
7+ Blank Memo – Examples in Word, PDF
5+ Blank Memos – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
15+ Meeting Memo – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Notice Memo – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
9+ Employee Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Budget Memo Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Internal Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Standard Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Board Memo Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Board Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Employee Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Memorandum Samples
10+ Memo Samples in Word