There are different types of memos that are used within the workplace. It is very essential to follow the memo formatting guidelines that a company has when creating this document to ensure that all the items present for discussion are appropriate for the kind of memo that you will be making.
If you want to create an effective memo that you will use to announce something to an employee or employees from a specific department, you may use our downloadable memo templates for employees to guide you when creating your memo. These samples are available in word and PDF format.
Employee Counseling Memo Template
Employee Discipline Memo
Employee Recognition Memo
Employee Transfer Memo
Employee Promotion Memo
How to Format a Memo
Formatting a memo varies on the regulations that are being followed either by the human resource department of a company or the business division where the memo will be coming from and will take effect on. Here are the steps on how you can format a professional memo.
- Create a draft that specifies the purpose on why the memo has to be made.
- As mentioned previously, there are a variety of memo templates for employees that are available for download on this page to help you format one.
- Properly place the items in the draft that you have created in the template that you will use for the employee memo.
- Organize the content of the memo based on its format.
How to Write a Memo to Employees
After you create a legal memo format, the next thing to do is to assure that the content that you have placed in this document are complete and relevant to the operations of the business. Here’s how you can write an employee memo template.
- Identify the department where the memo will be used.
- Specify the employees who are included in the scope of the memo content.
- Assure to provide the limitations of the memo.
- Finalize the guidelines that are needed to be followed when creating the memo.
New Employee Memo
Employee Meeting Memo
Employee Warning Memo
Employee Performance Memo
Employee Memo Sample
What Is the Difference between a Letter and a Memo?
Although both a letter and a memo are sometimes used interchangeably, there are several differences in terms of usage between the two. Here are some of the differences between these two documents:
- A memo is used to provide information about an item that is needed to be implemented in a particular time period. This may not always apply when using a letter since letters can be created for a variety of purposes.
- A memo is needed to be approved before it can be distributed to different departments in a company or business. On the other hand, a letter can be made and given to respective departments mainly based on the decision of the person who wrote the letter.
With the differences that we have given above, it will be easier for you to identify which of these documents you will need to use when you create a letter or a memo. This will be useful within the different departments of a business where employees will need to communicate through the use of either a letter or memo. A sample memo and memo formats are available for download.
FREE 30+ Memo Samples in MS Word in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Cash Memo Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Apple Pages
FREE 10+ Accounting Memo Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Interoffice Memo Samples in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Email Memo Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Project Memo Samples in MS Word | PDF
15+ Free Memo Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PD
FREE 5+ Investment Memo Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Strategy Memos in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs
FREE 10+ Credit Memo Samples & Templates in PDF
FREE 9+ Audit Memo Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs
FREE 10+ Management Memo Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 6+ Mutual Agreement Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Memo Writing Samples & Templates in PDF
FREE 14+ Memo Writing Samples and Templates in PDF | MS Word