There are a lot of learning that we can accumulate in the field of zoology. It has a very wide scope of subjects and processes that the field actually study various components from small organisms up to large animals and how they interact with other animals in their natural habitat.
Zoologists, or the people practicing the study of zoology, have the option to either focus their study on specific animals or to know more information about its environment, body parts and functions, and its relationship with other animals. We have Job Description Samples of jobs in different fields that you may be interested to browse through and download.
Sample Research Zoologist Job Description
Zoologist Wildlife Assistant Job Description
Conservation Biologist/Zoologist Job Description
What Do Zoologists Do?
Since there are a number of studies that zoologists can focus at, here are a few basic job functions that zoologists can do:
- gather data and record information about a specific animal, which may be used for future researches and studies;
- assure that the protocols for preservation of animal life are being followed;
- know specific rehabilitation procedures for specific kinds of animals;
- make sure that the work space for animal care is clean and hygienic;
- participate in different discussions regarding improvement on processes used in the field study of zoology;
- assist with executing programs for animal care and community awareness about this matter;
- disinfect equipment and tools used in different processes; and
- be able to answer questions about the specific field of study.
A broader study on different subject matters of zoology means a wider range of functions and job responsibilities for a zoologists. It is truly interesting to take a job that is not normally done by many people. Moreover, it is a joy to be the first to research on different items and know results that will be of use for future references. Aside from the job description of zoologist, you may also download our Environmental Engineer Job Descriptions.
Zoologist Associate Job Description
Zoologist Coordinator Job Description Sample
Zoologist Internship Job Description
Where Do Zoologists Work?
Since zoology is a scientific study, it allows the work place of people involved in the process to be interesting. Here are a few places where you can see zoologists at work:
- Zoologists may be seen in research laboratories as their work entails them to not only have physical encounters with animals but also to gather data from the said encounters. It is of most importance that they can gather results from the processes that they have undergone so that it may be used for different studies.
- Also, zoologists may be seen working in learning institutions as they may teach about the subject matter that they focus on. They can also help students learn about research processes and how important zoology is as a scientific field of study.
- Zoologists may be required to travel from one place to another so they can have more depth in terms of knowledge on how animals behave in their natural environment. They may work on forests, shores, protected landscapes, and any other places where the specific animal or group of animals that is the focus of his or her study lives.
Other than the works done by a zoologist, we have Sample Job Descriptions for other jobs in different fields and industries.
9+ Administrative Assistant Job Description Samples
10+ Assistant Manager Job Description Samples
11+ HR Director Job Description Samples
11+ Dispatcher Job Description Samples
9+ Delivery Driver Job Description Samples
12+ Auditor Job Description Samples
9+ Night Auditor Job Description Samples
10+ General Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Accounting Intern Job Description Samples
9+ Office Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Business Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Summer Intern Job Description Samples
7+ Social Work Intern Job Description Samples
10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples
10+ IT Intern Job Description Samples