All retail stores need a retail manager who will manage all retail staff. A retail manager also oversees various aspects of the retail business such as purchasing and delivery of goods, implementing marketing strategies, analyzing buying trends and demographics, and many more.
If you are looking to hire a competent retail manager for your retail business, then you need to refer to a retail manager job description in order to ensure that you hire the candidate who is the best fit for the job. Here at sampletemplates.com, we have collected a variety of retail associate Job Description Samples that are available for free download. These are ready for print and available in PDF and Doc formats and are easily editable. Scroll down below and download the template that suits your retailing needs.
Assistant Retail Manager Job Description
Sample Retail Store Manager Job Description
Retail Operations Manager Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities of a Retail Manager
A retail manager can have various responsibilities depending on the type of business or industry that he/she is involved in. There are, however, some duties that most retail managers must perform and those are the following:
- Analyze market trends and customer buying trends in order to formulate an improved retail strategy aimed at increasing profit and sales.
- Ensure that all stores adhere to compliance requirements in all areas of operational activity.
- Imposes the company policies, rules, regulations, and procedures on the entire retail team.
- Coordinates with other departments in the act of purchasing and delivering of goods.
- Coordinates with marketing department or marketing officer in order to analyze the effectivity of current strategies implemented.
- Implement projects and trials for new products in certain branches for a specific duration of time in order to assess whether or not such products are worthy of investment.
- Directly responsible for the sales records and report details to the supervisor on a weekly basis.
- Recruit suitable volunteers to work in the shop by advertising the retailing job vacancies and interviewing each candidate or applicant.
- Work closely with vendors to enhance store merchandising effectiveness and increase sales.
- Lock and secure the store when scheduled.
- Assign retail employees to routine and non-routine duties.
- Accurately prepare daily store reports and input appropriate information into store computer.
- Order and receive store merchandise.
- Encourage, assist, and train employees to become part of a motivated sales force.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Plan and prepare work schedules to include lunch and breaks.
For a more detailed enumeration of the duties of this job position, download the templates on this page, or if you want, you can also refer to the ones that can be found on the following links:
Retail General Manager Job Description
Area Retail Manager Job Description Example
Retail Marketing Manager Job Description
Retail Manager Job Description Sample
Simple Retail Manager Job Description
Retail and Marketing Manager Job Description
Qualifications for a Retail Manager Role
- Degree in Marketing, Management, Commerce, or any related field are preferable but not necessary.
- Possesses strong organizational skills.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Highly critical thinker and capable of making quick and calculated business decisions.
- Thorough, detail-oriented, and conscientious in examining all aspects of a retail plan or program.
- Has a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Capable of coaching and mentoring junior staff/associates.
For future needs, check out our collection of Store Associate Job Descriptions. Simply click on the link provided.
9+ Administrative Assistant Job Description Samples
10+ Assistant Manager Job Description Samples
11+ HR Director Job Description Samples
11+ Dispatcher Job Description Samples
9+ Delivery Driver Job Description Samples
12+ Auditor Job Description Samples
9+ Night Auditor Job Description Samples
10+ General Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Accounting Intern Job Description Samples
9+ Office Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Business Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Summer Intern Job Description Samples
7+ Social Work Intern Job Description Samples
10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples
10+ IT Intern Job Description Samples