Manufacturing companies are able to go about their production operations smoothly because of the presence of a production supervisor. A production supervisor ensures that the production goals are met. He/she oversees the production staff and analyzes whether or not the production process is efficient or if it needs alteration.
There are several important tasks that this position entails, and if you are currently looking to hire a production supervisor, then it is best that you refer to a standard production supervisor job description. For your convenience, we have collected a variety of production supervisor Job Description Samples. Scroll down below and download these for free.
Sample Manufacturing Production Supervisor Job Description
Production Planning Supervisor Job Description in PDF
Production Supervisor Job Description Sample
Basic Production Floor Supervisor Job Description
Post Production Supervisor Job Description Example
Responsibilities of a Production Supervisor
A production supervisor can have varied tasks, depending on the type of company or business that he/she is involved in. There are, however, usual tasks that are common to almost all industries and some of those are the following:
- Provide guidance and direction to the produciton personnels.
- Accomplish manufacturing goals by communicating job expectations to production staff/team.
- Provides coaching and mentoring for the production team.
- Develop and maintain training programs in conjunction with the training coordinator to ensure that all personnel have the necessary skills to perform their duties safely and productively.
- Monitor and enforce the rules on work schedule, breaks, and stop times of of the production personnel.
- Monitor and enforce cell phone prohibition of the production floor personnel.
- Ensures that the production staff will maintain the tidiness of the workstations and machines as well as the shipping and receiving yard.
- Coordinate cleanups with the cleaning staff (if applicable).
- Attend and participate in regular meetings with other managers or department heads and supervisors.
- Address inter-staff conflict and provide solutions.
- Communicate clear expectations to production personnel and keep them informed of matters pertaining to their job.
- Oversees the hiring/recruitment of production staff.
- Prepares produciton plans and assign tasks to the staff.
- Impose fixed deadlines for the specific tasks assigned to produciton personnels and constantly ask them for updates regarding their tasks.
- Maintains the overall cleanliness of work environment.
- Attends to personnel’s questions regarding salaries, job expectations, and production operations-related inquiries.
- Ensure that production operations are within the budget allotted for it.
- Ensure that production is done in a timely manner.
Speaking of supervisors, you can also check out our collection of Supervisor Job Description Samples.
Production Supervisor Trainee Job Description to Download
Free Production Engineering Supervisor Job Description
Production Supervisor Job Description Example
Media Production Supervisor Job Description Format
Assistant Production Supervisor Job Description in Word
Requirements for a Production Supervisor Job Position
- A degree in Management, Human Resource, or Engineering (if applicable) is preferable but not necessary.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills and capable of multitasking.
- Time conscious and capable of achieving production goals on time.
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of coordinating with managers and administrative officers and other department heads professionaly.
- Has a working knowledge of the industry that he/she is involved in. For example, if he/she is hired in a steel manufacturing company, he/she should have a solid foundation of engineering, metallurgy, or construction.
- Capable of using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel in sending memorandums, e-mailing administrators, and in keeping records of manufactured merchandise/goods.
Want more job descriptions for leadership positions? Check out the templates from this link: Team Leader Job Description Samples
9+ Administrator Job Description Samples
8+ Building Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description
9+ Property Management Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description Samples
11+ Sample Systems Administrator Job Descriptions
9+ Project Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Design Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Assistant Engineer Job Description Samples
6+ Petroleum Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Activity Director Job Description Samples
11+ Service Manager Job Description Samples
9+ Manufacturing Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Chief Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Director of Development Job Description Samples