A technical director is the person in charge in the execution of productions and the processes that are needed to be done to assure the full implementation of the production vision. He or she is tasked to be present from the briefing of the production up to the final presentation of the production that he or she is working at.
Also, a technical director must assure that he or she is giving light not only to the vision of the production team but also the vision that is needed by the client to assure the repeat of business transaction.
Church Technical Director Job Description
Technical Services Director Job Description
Assistant Technical Director Job Description
Technology Sales Director Job Description in PDF
General Technical Director Job Description
Job Functions of a Technical Director
A technical director is expected to do the following tasks in the production:
- talk to clients about the output that they want to showcase or present to assure that the entire production is in line with the purpose on why it has been made;
- assure that all the steps that are needed for the production to take place are all managed by the people who are tasked to do so;
- delegate tasks to specific departments to assure the efficiency of the production team;
- make sure that researchers are aware of the exact items that are needed to be known by the production team;
- be in sync with all the teams in the production especially the technical, lighting, sounds, and maintenance team;
- oversee all the production processes and know areas for improvement; and
- provide instructions for the entire production team to follow.
If you want to know more about other job functions of different directors other than that of a technical director, you may browse through our Assistant Director Job Descriptions and Creative Director Job Descriptions.
Technical Director Job Description Sample
Technical Director Job Description Example
Technical Program Director Job Description
Technical Support Director Job Description
Division Technical Director Job Description
Phases of Production
A technical director must also be present in all the phases of a production including:
- The design phase where a technical director needs to assure that all the visuals to be used for the production are designed with quality and is appropriate to the production.
- The budget phase in which a technical director needs to set a budget that is needed to be presented and once approved be given by the client.
- The pre-construction phase and the construction phase where a technical director is needed to give suggestions on how materials needed for production can be improved for better effects and emotional feel.
- The technical rehearsal phase where the technical director is mainly responsible to correct different items that will be shown in the actual performance before it is even presented to the people.
- The performance phase where a technical director can give signals to the people of production on whether to change something while the production is actually running.
If you are interested to be a technical director, then all you need to do is create a resume and submit it to different production houses to know if you are fit for the job. Other than the job functions of a technical director, you may also browse through our Program Director Job Descriptions.
9+ Administrative Assistant Job Description Samples
10+ Assistant Manager Job Description Samples
11+ HR Director Job Description Samples
11+ Dispatcher Job Description Samples
9+ Delivery Driver Job Description Samples
12+ Auditor Job Description Samples
9+ Night Auditor Job Description Samples
10+ General Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Accounting Intern Job Description Samples
9+ Office Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Business Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Summer Intern Job Description Samples
7+ Social Work Intern Job Description Samples
10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples
10+ IT Intern Job Description Samples