On a daily basis, people consume products and services in voracious gulps. Mall shopping, online shopping—you name it, consumption is the very blood that electrifies our social structures. It is due to this that companies that are tasked to deliver these products to the consumers were born. If you are a manager of such company or an owner of a small delivery business, then you need to ensure that you hire a qualified person to pack, handle, and deliver packages toward your customers/clients.
Choosing the most qualified one will be easier if you use an appropriate job description as basis for your employee selection. Furthermore, a job description can also help you manage your package handler’s performance. For your guidance, you may scroll down below and download our free package handler Job Description Samples. These are ready for printing, and if you wish, you may edit these according to your courier business needs.
Package Handler Job Description Sample PDF
Package Handler Job Description
Casual Mail Handler Job Description Example
Fedex Package Handler Job Description
A Package Handler
A package handler is a personnel or employee who usually works for courier and delivery companies. He/she is expected to pack products and materials so that the same can be delivered safely to their destination. Sometimes, he/she is also tasked to assist or manage the safe delivery of these items including the documentation and procurement of necessary delivery paperwork.
Indeed, there are different types of package handlers and some of those are the following:
- mail handler,
- post office package handler,
- airport baggage package handler,
- FedEx package handler, or
- any package handler of courier and delivery businesses.
Speaking of packages, we have Stocker Job Description Samples that may also prove to helpful to your courier business’ needs. Simply click on the link provided.
Airport Baggage Package Handler Job Description
Post Office Package Handler Job Description
Package Handler Resume Job Description Format
Common Duties of a Package Handler
The detailed functions of one type of package handler may vary or differ from another type of package handler. However, there are some common tasks and responsibilities that most types of package handlers are obligated to perform such as
- pick packages from storage areas and ensure that the information provided on them coincides with the purchase orders/work orders;
- ensure that the packages are loaded into forklifts, trucks, planes, or any preferred mode of transportation, in order to safely transport such packages to designated areas;
- determine the type of packaging needed for each item and assemble cartons accordingly;
- pack items according to instructions provided or according to the nature of such items;
- ensure that packages are sealed properly using glue or nails or any form of adhesive and binding material in order to ensure that the quality of the items are being maintained during transportation;
- label packages according to instruction provided on work orders;
- assist in loading delivery trucks with prepared packages and makes sure that the loaded packages concurs with the quality, items, and quantity stated in the work order or purchase order;
- maintains and constantly updates inventory of stocks or items;
- implements inventory control procedures efficiently while constantly trying to seek ways to better improve the inventory and delivery of items;
- create reports on the packaging activities on a periodic basis and ensure that packaging and delivery information is posted in to the company database; and
- ensure general maintenance of all work areas in order to prevent possible hazards and to ensure the packages’ quality.
Aside from package handler job descriptions, we also have Sample Buyer Job Descriptions that are also available for download.
11+ HR Director Job Description Samples
11+ Dispatcher Job Description Samples
9+ Delivery Driver Job Description Samples
12+ Auditor Job Description Samples
9+ Night Auditor Job Description Samples
10+ General Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Accounting Intern Job Description Samples
9+ Office Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Business Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Summer Intern Job Description Samples
7+ Social Work Intern Job Description Samples
10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples
10+ IT Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Marketing Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Sales Intern Job Description Samples