A logistic clerk manages the storage and distribution of goods. They are also tasked with keeping records and documents related to logistics operations and of complying with government-mandated regulations regarding goods transportation and storage.
If you are a start-up retail business owner, or anyone who manages a business or an organization that transports goods by bulk, then you will benefit the most by using our logistics Job Description Samples. These templates are easily editable, you may tweak these according to your preferences before printing. Freely scroll down below and select the most suitable one.
Sample Chief Logistics Officer Job Description
Event & Logistics Officer Job Description in PDF
Senior Logistics Officer Job Description Example
Logistics Officer Job Description Duties Format
Why Use a Job Description?
A job description is a document that a manager presents to the newly hired logistics officer during the initial job orientation. This document contains the requirements, duties, and functions of a logistics officer.
Depending on the preference of the manager, a logistics job description may contain various parts. Some categories, however, must necessarily be present in a job description and those are the following:
- job title (Logistics Officer);
- employee status (whether or not the logistics officer you are hiring is a regular employee, contractual, or part-time);
- the name and job title of the person or supervisor whom the logistics officer must answer and report to;
- the summary of the job position;
- requirements or qualifications for the job (this includes the necessary skills, experience, and educational background that a prospective logistics officer must posses before getting hired for the job); and
- physical requirements for the job.
A job description has several benefits for the company hiring a logistics officer. Some of those are the following:
- It serves as a recruitment tool by creating a job posting that indicates the qualifications stated in the job description.
- It serves as a basis for assessing the performance of an employee. Upon orientation, an employee is handed out a job description and the contents of which are carefully discussed by the human resource manager or the employer. Then a copy of the said job description is handed to each employee. This is important because a job description is legally binding upon the courts in the event that the company will terminate the employment of an employee upon the grounds of non-performance of job duties. In this case, due to a valid job description, the employee has no right to question such termination.
For more information about the logistics officer position, download the templates on this page. Or you may opt to download from the following pages:
- Logistics Job Descriptions
- Logistics Clerk Job Descriptions
Logistics Operations Officer Job Description
Purchasing & Logistics Officer Job Description
Logistics Officer Job Description Skills
Admin and Logistics Officer Job Description
Logistics Officer Job Description in PDF
Qualifications for a Logistics Officer
- Capable of making quick yet well-calculated decisions.
- Detail-oriented and conscientious in keeping an organized system of all the logistics records and documents.
- Experience as logistics coordinate is a plus but not necessary.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer-savvy with a working knowledge of logistics software or any basic software for the tracking of logistics operation.
- Knowledgeable of laws, regulations, and government requirements pertaining to logistics or the transportation of commercial goods.
You might also be interested in our Logistics Assistant Job Descriptions. Simply click on the link provided.
9+ Administrator Job Description Samples
8+ Building Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description
9+ Property Management Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description Samples
11+ Sample Systems Administrator Job Descriptions
9+ Project Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Design Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Assistant Engineer Job Description Samples
6+ Petroleum Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Activity Director Job Description Samples
11+ Service Manager Job Description Samples
9+ Manufacturing Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Chief Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Director of Development Job Description Samples