Most companies are dependent on technology in performing their basic tasks or business operations. From sending e-mail, archiving files, budgeting, and social media marketing, software and Internet-based platforms are being utilized. This, therefore, necessitates the presence of an IT team.
An IT team will work efficiently as a whole when it is managed by a competent IT director. For more information about the functions of an IT director, refer to our collection of IT director Job Description Samples. Scroll download below and download our samples for free.
Sample Assistant IT Director Job Description
IT Director Job Description Sample
IT Director Job Description Example
Professional IT Director Job Description
IT Managing Director Job Description
Job Functions of an IT Director
- Provide leadership, vision, and management to the IT department.
- Hold departmental meetings to review strategic goals and initiatives, promote team building and work to provide growth parts for staff.
- Provide day-to-day supervision, conduct performance appraisals, and delegate work assignments for all IT personnel.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, and providing appropriate training for IT support staff.
- Assist the department heads or managers in the policy-making.
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Responsible for the ordering, acquisition, inventorying, and disposition of hardware and software.
- Ensure the continual operation of the IT network including the wireless networks.
- Maintain security and privacy of the information systems, communication lines and communications equipment, and other IT-related equipment.
- Develop, review, and certify all backup and disaster recover procedures and plans.
- Ensure written documentation is created and maintained to include user and system manuals, license agreements, and all documentation relating to modifications and upgrades.
- Keeping up-to-date with the most recent technologies and advising on what new technological solutions and their implementation will meet business and systems requirements.
- Negotiate with supplies of hardware and software to get the best deal, including external support and being responsible for contracting consultants and making service agreements.
- Create a budget for each project as well as managing the financial aspects of the entire IT department such as purchases and ongoing budgeting.
- Oversee the development and enhancement of systems and integrating new systems with those existing ones.
- Work with staff to develop plans and strategies so client services can be enhanced, user effectiveness can be improved, and innovation encouraged.
Speaking of directors, you might also be interested in our Creative Director Job Description Samples.
Senior IT Director Job Description
IT Operational Director Job Description
Importance of Hiring an Efficient IT Director
Hiring an IT director should be one of the first bases to cover in any start-up business. Even existing ones must necessarily have an IT director among their staff. An IT director manages a company’s information technology department and makes important decisions relating to the company’s IT needs.
In this technology-driven world, companies have a need for an IT team in order for them to go about their regular operations with ease. The IT team or staff ensures that the computers used in the company are running smoothly and free from any virus. Furthermore, they troubleshoot it in cases when computers malfunction and at the same time, they update the software periodically.
In order for an IT team to be efficient, it needs someone who will manage them, designate tasks to them, and monitor their performance. This job is being done by an IT director.
For more job descriptions, click on this link: Executive Director Job Descriptions.
9+ Administrative Assistant Job Description Samples
10+ Assistant Manager Job Description Samples
11+ HR Director Job Description Samples
11+ Dispatcher Job Description Samples
9+ Delivery Driver Job Description Samples
12+ Auditor Job Description Samples
9+ Night Auditor Job Description Samples
10+ General Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Accounting Intern Job Description Samples
9+ Office Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Business Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Summer Intern Job Description Samples
7+ Social Work Intern Job Description Samples
10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples
10+ IT Intern Job Description Samples