During your time as a working professional, you may have heard of the phrase “job description” more than once. A job description outlines the list of the general duties and responsibilities that is expected of a person holding a certain title. It may also include the job purpose, scope, and working conditions of the position.
The job of a director often covers a broad area and so it is important to have a proper job description. You may be an art director or a marketing director, what’s clear is you need to know what the exact position duties are. Our director Job Description Samples are a great guide in examining the director’s responsibilities in the organization.
Sample Art Director Job Description
Director of Administration and Development Job Description
Printable Creative Director Job Description Sample
Director of Nursing Services Job Description Sample
Free Marketing Director Job Description Sample
Director of Human Resource Job Description
Parts of a Job Description
A good job description should outline the main functions of the position and the skills needed but it should also look at potential problems that may arise about the position in the future. There are different parts that compose a good job description but listed below are the essential items that should be included in every job description.
- Job Title – Do not just list the general title director if they are a program director or an art director. If you are looking for a clear job description for those, click on these links: Program Director Job Descriptions, Art Director Job Descriptions.
- Salary Range – The director position often has a starting, a mid-range, and a maximum salary. It helps out when this is clearly stated in the job description.
- Purpose and Objective – State the purpose and objective of the position concisely.
- Job Description – Include here a detailed list of all the duties and responsibilities that is expected as director.
- Reporting Structure – State whether the position is expected to supervise and if so, who are the subordinates. If the position has a supervisor, state that as well.
- Experience and Skills – Describe the minimum experience requirement and required skills.
- Work Location and Schedule – Clearly state the location and the hours required for the position.
Executive Director Job Description in PDF
Director of Communications Job Description Sample
Sales Director Job Description
Director of Finance Job Description
IT Director Job Description Example
Director of Opearations Job Description
The Importance of Job Descriptions
- They are a great tool in screening job applicants. A job description outlines the core requirements of the position so you can tailor the job interview to see who the right fit is.
- They are a tool in communicating employee expectations. The responsibilities and duties required of the title is stated clearly so employees know what exactly they should do.
- They are a tool in making the correct compensation classification. You do not want to pay more or less than what the position entails and they make you do the right salary classification.
- They are an employer legal defense. When problems arise regarding the position and employee performance, you could always turn to job descriptions to show the performance is not up to par.
A director needs to know exactly what their job title entails. A creative director, for instance, would need to check Creative Director Job Descriptions to see what is expected of them. Our sample director job descriptions offer a great guide no matter what kind of director you may be.
5+ Video Game Designer Job Description Samples
9+ HR Payroll Job Description Samples
11+ Payroll Job Description Samples
10+ Editor Job Description Samples
8+ Case Management Job Description Samples
8+ Copy Editor Job Description Samples
9+ Administrator Job Description Samples
8+ Building Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description
9+ Property Management Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description Samples
11+ Sample Systems Administrator Job Descriptions
9+ Project Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Design Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Assistant Engineer Job Description Samples