Activity director, as how Work Chron would simply put it as, is an individual who would typically provide therapeutic activities to be able to assist and help people with different mental, physical, as well as psychological needs, having “socialization” as an example.
Activity directors can also be found in different various workplace settings such as residential facilities, camps, community organizations, and the like to be able to provide recreational activities as well, most especially to the recipients of it. You can also have a look at this pages’ Job Description Samples, which you may find useful and helpful.
Activity Director Job Description Sample
Assistant Activity Director Job Description in PDF
Recreation Activity Director Job Description
Student Activities Director Job Description Example
What Makes a Good Activity Director?
You can also check out this page’s examples of Director of Marketing Job Descriptions, which you may also find relevant and useful. According to Midwest Health, activity directors in general perform duties that would involve the implementation as well as the planning of an activity program that would meet the mental, physical, as well as the psychological interests and needs of the residents. They may also be required and need to operate a different variety of equipment that is associated with the recreational programming of the residents.
Below are some detailed information on what makes an activity director good (referenced from Midwest Health):
- General Overview of an Activity Director
- General Resident Care: Blood, urine, feces, semen/vaginal secretions, other body fluids
- Handling Soiled Linens and Clothing: Blood, urine, feces, semen/vaginal secretions, other body fluids
- Cleaning Resident Rooms and Common Areas: Blood, urine, feces, semen/vaginal secretions
- Specific Facility Responsibilities
- May be needed to represent the community on some occasions.
- Should be able to plan particular staff functions especially for activities that would increase staff morale.
- Must be capable in assisting a supervisor with duties that would enhance and develop the residents’ overall well-being.
- Must be capable in assisting as well as helping in coordinating, developing, and implementing particular programs that would enhance the lives of the residents and would allow as well as guide them to reach their highest potential and practical level of psychosocial and physical well-being.
Activities Director Job Description in PDF
High School Activities Director Job Description
Nursing Home Activity Director Job Description in PDF
School Activities Director Job Description
- Overall Responsibilities and Duties
- Must have the ability to coordinate the facility’s community involvement.
- Should be able to coordinate retention, involvement, as well as recruitment of the volunteers along with the residents.
- The residents’ rights should be monitored personally.
- Must be able to deliver the resident’s mail, other community information, as well as newsletters or subscriptions.
- Should be able to maintain some sort of a journal or a documentation, which may or may not be required depending primarily on where you currently live or where you can be situated.
Other than what was being mentioned earlier, according to Midwest Health, employees or activity directors are also required to earn the assistance of another employee or perhaps is needed to use gait belt when they are assisting a particular resident whenever they are carrying or lifting objects over 25 pounds in weight.
Aside from that, you can definitely check out this page’s examples of Executive Director Job Descriptions, which you also may find useful as well as helpful and relevant to the subject matter.
9+ Administrative Assistant Job Description Samples
10+ Assistant Manager Job Description Samples
11+ HR Director Job Description Samples
11+ Dispatcher Job Description Samples
9+ Delivery Driver Job Description Samples
12+ Auditor Job Description Samples
9+ Night Auditor Job Description Samples
10+ General Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Accounting Intern Job Description Samples
9+ Office Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Business Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Summer Intern Job Description Samples
7+ Social Work Intern Job Description Samples
10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples
10+ IT Intern Job Description Samples