Whenever we see flight attendants walking at the airport, we cannot help ourselves but look at them with awe. We wonder how those guys get their physique or how those girls are able to walk on those heels. We get curious on how many hours does it take to look that professional and put together. Also, we cannot help ourselves but think how do they get the job.
There are a lot of reasons why a person can be hired as a flight attendant. Moreover, there are also a lot of responsibilities that they need to fulfill once they get hired.
The work of a flight attendant is only one of the many job descriptions that we have. For other job descriptions that you want to familiarize yourself with, we have downloadable and printable Job Description Samples.
Sample Flight Attendant Industry Job Description
Flight Attendant Job Description in Word
Volunteer Flight Attendant Job Description Example
Standard Flight Attendant Job Description
A flight attendant’s main responsibility is to assure the safety of the passengers. But aside from that, here are a few things that they also do once they are already inside the aircraft:
- Inform passengers on the reason of flight delays
- Apologize, in behalf of the company, for any instances that caused discomfort to passengers
- Demonstrate safety precautions
- Assure that all guests are wearing their seat belts especially if the light of the seat belt icon is on
- Help passengers put their big luggages on overhead compartments
- Provide meal options for the passengers to buy
- Assure the comfort of guests while flying
- Assist on seat transfers should a passenger feel uncomfortable in his or her seat and know whether there are still available seats to accommodate the transfer request
- Attend to guest inquiries on board. Aside from being a flight attendant, you can also attend to guest inquiries inland as a host or a hostess.
Flight Attendant Job Description in PDF
Printable Airlines Flight Attendant Job Description
Basic Flight Attendant Job Duties Description
Before you even do the tasks of a flight attendant, there are a lot of work that you need to put to yourself so that you can be hired as one. These will also be a part of your daily requirements once you become a flight attendant. Some of them are as follows:
- Grooming. Flight attendants always need to look good as they are the front liners of the airlines.
- Good physique. Your weight must be appropriate to your height so that you can do all the functions needed by the airlines especially reaching the far ends of overhead cabins and still providing space on the aisles as you walk for others to be able to still pass through.
- Personal hygiene. Flight attendants must always be pleasant and that starts with how they take care of their bodies.
- A warm personality. Once hired, you will already be a part of the service industry. You need to showcase great customer service at all times.
- Product knowledge. As a flight attendant, you need to know the airlines and its background, the kind of aircrafts that you board into, the number of seats inside a specific aircraft, your destinations and the list of meals and other products that you offer onboard.
Browse other Job Description Templates if you are interested to know more about other jobs than being a flight attendant.
FREE 9+ Human Resource Management Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Human Resources Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Human Resource Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Human Resources Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ HR Payroll Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ HR Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample HR Coordinator Job Description Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample HR Manager Job Descriptions in PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Treasurer Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Environmental Engineer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Construction Worker Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Construction Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Construction Manager Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Construction Management Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF