How you present yourself is very essential especially if your job requires a specific look that you need to have or possess. However, there are some jobs that work with different looks and make them salable. Other than that, assuring the pleasant visual aesthetics of not only people but also of items and materials are a part of their work functions. These people are called fashion editors.
A fashion editor is mainly tasked to look for all the processes that are being done in the creation and development of both the visuals and the content of any fashion-related activities and prints that the specific company where he or she is currently working to assure that the output is how they wanted and envisioned it to be.
You may browse through our Job Description Samples to know job functions required for different works other than a fashion editor.
Sample Fashion Editor Job Description
Fashion Market Editor Job Description in PDF
Junior Fashion Editor Job Description
Fashion Section Editor Job Description in PDF
Creative Influence and Direction
A fashion editor works under the supervision of an editor-in-chief. He or she is usually assigned to supervise all content-related issues regarding the current project that he or she is working at. A fashion editor works on different fashion-related materials and for activities like photo shoots, magazine covers and ads, websites, portfolios, and advertorials.
As a professional work usually in the creation of a magazine, a fashion editor must influence the entire team to be dynamic in terms of applying creativity to the job. He or she also sets the mood and direction of the fashion and creative team so that they can provide the needs of their clients as stated in the requirements before doing a specific fashion project.
Assistant Fashion EditorJob Description
Fashion Editor Job Description template
Magazine Fashion Editor Job Description
A Fashion Editor at Work
A few of the specific job functions of a fashion editor are as follows:
- have a compilation of all the information about products and fashion trends that may be of use to the magazine or any publication a fashion editor can work at;
- know different styling techniques and discover a few by yourself;
- know the fashion trends of the season and the upcoming ones to assure that the magazine is not behind its competitors in terms of content about fashion and style;
- make sure that all products to be photographed and released are of high quality and standards;
- allow everyone working in the same project to know the brief, or if writing for a column or a magazine article, make sure that the brief shines out;
- make sure that all fashion information are accurate and real;
- work with different fashion and beauty brands;
- keep buyers on trend and supply them with information that can spread awareness to what has been happening and updates in the fashion industry;
- assist the creative team in terms of fashion ideas that may be used for projects and other marketing purposes; and
- follow through on samples being requested from different brands needed for press use and set styling during photo shoots.
There are really a lot of things that a fashion editor has to think of for him or her to fully do the functions required by the job. You may also browse through our managing editor job description should you think that you can use more of your expertise and talent on this job more than becoming a fashion editor.
11+ Payroll Job Description Samples
10+ Editor Job Description Samples
8+ Case Management Job Description Samples
8+ Copy Editor Job Description Samples
9+ Administrator Job Description Samples
8+ Building Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description
9+ Property Management Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description Samples
11+ Sample Systems Administrator Job Descriptions
9+ Project Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Design Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Assistant Engineer Job Description Samples
6+ Petroleum Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Activity Director Job Description Samples