A recommendation letter is usually written to attest to a person’s skills, character, and contributions to an organization. Most of the time these letters are written to their employees who have plans of parting ways with the company. The future career of an employee may be at stake if it is not written properly. Words used for this type of letter should be chosen carefully. The future career of an employee may be at stake if it is not written properly.
Recommendation letters can be used for various situations. If you are unsure of how to start writing one, the Sample Letters found in this article can definitely help you out.
Business School Recommendation Letter
Sample Recommendation Letter pdf
Church Recommendation Letter PDF
Doctor Recommendation Letter Example
When Are Recommendation Letters Used?
The uses of recommendation is an endless list. There are various scenarios wherein a recommendation letter may be used. Here are some of the most common situations where recommendation letters are used:
- Employees who need more support for their job application.
- It may be part of an employee’s preemployment requirements before a contract for the job offer is signed.
- It may be for academic purposes such as a scholarship grant or for admission in a college or university. You may refer to Student Recommendation Letter.
- Possible tenants who are required by their new prospective landlords to prove that they have a good financial status and that they are tenants who behave properly.
- Employers may require it as a means to prove that their newly hired employee can be trusted and will do tasks with excellence.
Who Should Write Recommendation Letters?
Writing a recommendation letter is a crucial task and should be written with utmost care. If you are chosen by someone to write a recommendation letter, you should consider the following:
- You must be sure that you know the person well and that you can honestly attest according to the purpose of the recommendation.
- You are able to write a reference that is positive and honest. Do not accept to write a recommendation letter if you feel like the person requesting for the recommendation letter does not possess any good qualities.
- If you think you have the capacity to write a recommendation letter that would be full of meaning.
You may also refer to Examples of Letter of Recommendation.
Recommendation Nanny Letter Sample
Recommendation Promotion Letter
Graduate School Recommendation Letter PDF
Recommendation Request Letter
How to Write a Recommendation Letter?
- Start by writing down the name and address of the recipient. Address them properly (example: “Dear Mr. XXX,”). If in case you do not know who will be reading the letter, you may use “To whom it may concern.”
- Introduce yourself and state what is your relationship with the candidate. Also mention why you are qualified to be writing a recommendation letter.
- Write down facts that will supplement the candidate’s credentials. Provide an honest and positive judgment about the skills of the candidate. Write down the number of times that a candidate excelled.
- End your letter by telling the recipient that you would gladly answer any further queries they may have regarding the candidate. Leave your contact information such as phone number and e-mail address. You may also state a specific time or day when it would be most comfortable for you to be contacted.
You can easily download all of these templates directly from this page. Most of these are available in Word Document (.doc) format so editing would be as easy as replacing some of the words to match with the candidate’s skills and qualifications.
Writing a recommendation letter for a teacher? You may refer to Letters of Recommendation for Teacher.
14+ School Resignation Letter Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Meeting Thank-You Letter Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Thank-You Follow-up Letters
6+ Sample Thank-You Follow-Up Letters
40+ Sample Request Letters
54+ Request Letters Formats
43+ Request Letter Samples
19+ Invitation Letters
14+ Sample Invitation Letters
7+ Invitation Letter Samples
32+ Examples of Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Pages
35+ Sample Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
8+ Sample Thank You Letters for Interview
11+ Thank You Letter Samples
6+ Interview Thank You Letter Samples