Expressing gratitude is probably one way of letting a person know that you greatly appreciate what he/she has done for you. To make your expression of gratitude more memorable, you can give a thank you letter samples. This will be greatly appreciated by the recipient and will definitely kick-start a feeling of joy as it is a great tool you can use to express your gratefulness.
If you have been given an award, a thank-you letter will help establish a good relationship with the person/organization that granted you the award. Here, we will give you a few samples and tips in Writing a Thank-You Letter for an award.You may also see professional thank you letters
Thank-You Format for Recognition Award
Thank You for Scholarship Award
Sample Thank-You Letter for Scholarship Award
How to Write a Thank-You Letter for a Scholarship Award
1. You may choose to either handwrite your note or have it typed/printed.
2. Properly address your donor/sponsor. Make sure to avoid misspelling names.You may also see business thank you letters.
3. Include the specific scholarship you won but not the amount of financial aid you will be getting.
4. Be sure to be formal yet still showing your personality. Show them that you are excited about being granted the scholarship.You may also see personal thank you letters.
5. Make sure to proofread your thank-you letter before sending it to your sponsor or donor.
Even if you haven’t gotten the scholarship yet, if you have been interviewed as one of the candidates to be granted one, you may send the donor/sponsor a post interview thank you letters to show them that you appreciated being seen for the scholarship interview.
Example Thank You Letter for Award Donor
Award Thank-You Letter at Work
Thank-You Letter for Receiving Award
What to Say in a Thank-You Letter
You might be at a loss for words when you start writing your award thank-you letter. Just remember that it doesn’t have to be lengthy. You can be short and concise with your letter but always remember that your first few lines should establish that what you are writing is a letter of thanks. You should also mention the award you have received or be specific with what was given to you. For example, if you want to say thanks to a doctor for seeing you for an interview for a hospital internship, you may send a thank you letter to doctor.
Academic Award Thank You
Letter in Response to Innovation Award
Award Winner Thank-You Letter
Thank-You Letter Format for Award Acceptance
Tips for Writing a Thank-You Letter
1. First things first, you have to think about who you’ll give a thank-you letter to. It will be best to make a list.
2. Make sure to spell out all the names correctly and use the correct title. For example, if you are writing a coach thank you letter, you can address your letter, “Dear Coach Carr.”
3. The first few lines of your letter should already establish that you are writing to say thank you.
4. Give them specifics about why you are saying thanks. For example, if you are writing a graduation thank you letter, let your teachers know that you are grateful for the learnings that they have imparted and that you are excited for the next chapter of your life.
5. Restate your thanks and end the letter on a positive note.
6. Write down your thank-you letters as soon as possible to keep all that has happened fresh and very memorable.You may also see thank you letters to parents.
FREE 12+ Graduate School Recommendation Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Formal Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 19+ Endorsement Letters Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Donation Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 40+ Introduction Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ What to Include in a Commercial Lease Termination Letter [ Tips and Samples ]
FREE 10+ Sample Financial Hardship Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Thank You Letter For Scholarship in MS Word | PDF
FREE 18+ Sample Letter of Credit in PDF | Word
FREE 12+ Sample Refusal Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Job Reference Letter Templates in PDF
FREE 15+ Sample Work Apology Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Job Appointment Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Resignation Letter Examples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 38+ Examples of Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF