Writing introduction letters may seem like it is not in trend anymore because we are now living in a very digital world. However, a ton of businesses and individuals still makes use of letters to communicate with businesses, clients, and other individuals as well. This is because even in the prevalence of more convenient platforms such as text messaging and emails, letters still prove to be an effective manner of letting the recipient know of the details that you want to relay.
If you need a quick article explaining how introduction letters are used, then you just found yourself in the right article. We will be mentioning some of the most common types of introduction letters, a quick description about the type, and how these letters are used. We have also included a few sample introduction letters to download for free that you can definitely use as references for drafting your very own introduction letter. Check them all out down below!
Introduction Letter for a Course
Personal Letter of Introduction
Introductory Letter to Parents
Sample Mentor Introduction Letter
Email Company Introduction Letter
Letter of Introduction for a Job
Company Letter of Introduction
Personal Introduction Cover Letter
Defining an Introduction Letter
Before we start with the types of introduction letters and how each type is used, let us first define what an introduction letter is. Basing on the name of this type of letter, the details written in it aims to introduce one party to another party. There are three main types of introduction letters: business-to-business introduction letters (B2B), business-to-customer (B2C), and personal introduction letters.
Business-to-Business (B2B) Introduction Letters
A B2B or business introduction letter is used by a business organization to introduce its employees, its products, and services to another business organization. Some of the common situations where you can use B2B introduction letters are as follows:
- Introducing a new employee who will be the new point of contact or will be the representative of the company
- Introduce a new product or service
- Introduce the branch manager or any prominent person in the company
If you need more information about this kind of introduction letter, you can check out our tips for making your business introduction letters stand out, which you can definitely find on this website.
Business-to-Customer (B2C) Introduction Letter
As its name suggests, this type of introduction letter samples are used by businesses to introduce new employees, products, services, locations, etc., to existing clients and customers. Some samples of situations that may call for the need of a B2C introduction letter are as follows:
- Introducing a new product/service that your clients need
- Introducing a new dealership
- Introducing promotions and deals available
Personal Introduction Letter
Personal introduction letter samples are written by an individual with an aim to introduce himself/herself or another individual to a company or another individual. This typically happens when the individual or the person being written about is looking for a job. Personal introduction letters or letters of introduction are used to
- introduce a former workmate,
- introduce a former employee, and
- introduce one’s self (check out how to write a self-introduction letter for more ideas about this introduction letter).
Informational Interview Introduction Letter
Portfolio Letter of Introduction
Introduction Letter to Employer
Formal Letter of Introduction for a Job
Product Introduction Letter
Introduction Letter to Classmates
Law Office Introduction Letter
Outline for Introduction Letters
Regardless of what kind of introduction letter you are looking to write, you can follow the outline samples we will be sharing with you to ensure that you end up with a well-written introduction letter that will effectively relay the message.
Technically, an introduction letter has three basic paragraphs: the introductory paragraph, body of the letter, and concluding paragraph.
- Make sure to address your the recipient properly. Your letter will feel more personal and will definitely give an impression that you know the person you are writing introduction letter format to even if you have not met them yet.
- Let the recipient know who you are. Give basic details about yourself such as your name, position (if applicable), and give them a brief idea about what the letter is going to be about.
- Give a detailed explanation about why you are writing the letter template. You can be straight to the point in order to make your letters brief.
- Make sure your letter will have a professional tone to it. However, you want to make sure that you make use of a straight and simple language. No jargon and slang allowed.
- Do not forget to let the recipient know how you got their contact details. This is especially important if you are writing to customers or clients.
Body of the Letter
- If you are writing an introduction letter for job, this is the part where you will establish what your qualifications are. Make sure you outline all of your relevant experiences and qualifications on this part of the letter.
- Be specific. Mention concrete and relevant samples if possible.
- Do not sell yourself or the company short. Present yourself, the company, or the products/services you have in the best light possible.
This is the part of the company introduction letter where you will tell the recipient what he/she needs to do after reading your letter. Make sure that you leave your contact details and tell them that you look forward to hearing from them as soon as possible.
FREE 11+ Sample Letter of Intent For University in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 11+ Passport Authorization Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 29+ Requisition Letter Formats in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 3+ Grant Proposal Cover Letter Samples in PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Employment Reference Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Leave of Absence Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 28+ Sample Employment Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 65+ Guarantee Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 9+ Sample Assignment Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Business Name Change Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Requisition Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF | Pages
FREE 14+ Immigration Reference Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample College Letter Of Intent in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 51+ Service Letter Formats in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Formal Letter Formats in MS Word | PDF