As an employer or manager, you must be familiar of the inevitable occurrence of an employee who consistently abandons his/her job without notifying you or any manager first. It is in this case that it becomes necessary for you to terminate the employment of such an employee. To do so, you need to be able to send him/her a formal job abandonment letter.
To help guide you through your letter-writing, download our templates on this page or refer to our wider collection of job termination Sample Letters by clicking on the link provided. These templates are available in PDF and Word formats thus making it easier for you to access, store, and edit these.
Certified Mail Job Abandonment Letter Sample
Job Abandonment Separation Letter
Job Abandonment Letter to Employee
Job Abandonment Dismissal Letter
Job Abandonment Letter Format
What Is a Job Abandonment Letter?
A job abandonment letter is a form of employment termination letter. Unlike most termination letters, the sole reason for writing this letter is due to the employee’s abandonment of his/her job position. Job abandonment is when an employee fails to show up for work for a consecutive number of days, without informing or notifying any of his/her superiors or colleagues.
Who Writes This Letter?
A job abandonment letter is usually sent to an employee by any of the following individuals:
- an employer,
- a manager,
- a human resource manager,
- a human resource staff,
- a department head,
- a project manager,
- a chief executive officer, or
- an assistant executive officer.
Parts of a Job Abandonment Letter
A job abandonment letter must have the following parts:
- formal heading,
- formal letter salutations,
- introduction line (this should contain the statement of the purpose of the letter),
- the narration of the employee’s job abandonment line,
- the termination of employment line,
- the compensation and separation pay line, and
- formal closing.
Now that you know the basics of a job abandonment letter, you might also be interested in our collection of Job Termination Letters. These templates or samples would guide you in writing official termination notices to your employees whose employment must be terminated due to other reasons other than job abandonment. For more employee-management letters, you may also refer to our Job Verification Letters. Access these templates by clicking on their corresponding links.
Voluntary Job Abandonment Letter
Job Abandonment Letter in PDF
Job Abandonment Letter Example
Things to Remember in Writing Your Job Abandonment Letter
Handing out a letter terminating the employment of one of your employees can be a heart-wrenching ordeal, no matter how deserving such employee may be. To help guide you in your letter-writing, here are some helpful guidelines for you to observe:
- Make your letter concise.
- In the first line, state the purpose of the letter.
- In the second line, expound more on what happened when the employee abandoned his/her job.
- Afterward, reiterate that you have decided that such job abandonment would not be tolerated since it can adversely affect the company’s operations, hence, you have decided to terminate his/her employment.
- To help make things easier for your employee, indicate how much separation pay he/she can receive and when he/she can receive it. This part is important and must not be done without for your employee deserves the separation pay benefit due him/her. This amount would help him/her transition easier from employed to unemployed and will help him/her get through the time when he/she would be looking for another job.
- Don’t forget to remain formal and professional in your letter. Avoid expletives or any name-calling. Remember that you are writing a professional letter.
Aside from job abandonment letters, we also have Job Resignation Letters for employees who wish to leave their job positions intentionally. Simply click on the link provided.
FREE 12+ Graduate School Recommendation Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Formal Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 19+ Endorsement Letters Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Donation Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 40+ Introduction Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ What to Include in a Commercial Lease Termination Letter [ Tips and Samples ]
FREE 10+ Sample Financial Hardship Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Thank You Letter For Scholarship in MS Word | PDF
FREE 18+ Sample Letter of Credit in PDF | Word
FREE 12+ Sample Refusal Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Job Reference Letter Templates in PDF
FREE 15+ Sample Work Apology Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Job Appointment Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Resignation Letter Examples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 38+ Examples of Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF