Graduating from nursing school does not make you immediately eligible for nursing practice. You need to first pass the licensure exam for you to be a registered nurse and get your license. However, you don’t need to wait for the exam to apply for jobs. This would only prolong your residency process.
You can start applying even when you have not yet passed the state board. After graduation, start submitting those resumes and cover letters to your desired companies. Crafting a good cover letter requires effort, and our Sample Cover Letters are a great guide in making your own resume stand out.
New Graduate Nursing Cover Letter Example
Nursing Graduate Cover Letter Example
Cover Letter for Fresh Nursing Graduate Student
Graduate Nursing Student Cover Letter Example
Writing a Grad Nurse Cover Letter
When you don’t have a license yet to your nursing practice, you need to have a really good resume in order to stand out. Sample Nursing Cover Letters do a great job of showing how a good cover letter looks like. You can take inspiration from them and craft a really good one of your own. Here are steps you can follow in writing your own.
- Map out your cover letter. Be sure to follow all the necessary elements in a professional cover letter such as your name and address, the date, the recipient’s name, and so on.
- Write an introduction paragraph. This forms the first paragraph of your letter. This is the part where you let the reader know why you are writing the letter. This is also where you state how you know about the vacancy. Clearly state the title of the position you are applying for.
- Write the body of the letter. This can come in one or two paragraphs. This is where you sell yourself and explain why you are the perfect candidate for the job. Include here your job experiences and your knowledge in the industry.
- Conclude the letter. Summarize why you are the right fit for the job. Let the employer know that you want to discuss further through an interview.
Graduate Nursing Program Cover Letter Sample
Graduate Nursing Job Cover Letter Sample
Graduate Nursing School Cover Letter Example
Graduate Nursing Cover Letter in PDF
Graduate Nursing Cover Letter Dos and Don’ts
The nursing job market is a tough place to be in, especially for new graduates who have not yet taken the state board. There is a lot of competition from fellow new graduates as well as experienced nurses. When writing Cover Letters for Job Application, there are things you need to do and things you have to avoid.
- Do address the hiring manager directly. It pays when you take the extra effort to find out the name of the hiring manager.
- Do write in a confident tone. Make sure to write your cover letter confidently and enthusiastically. This tone of your writing would be evident and clearly reflects how you feel about the company.
- Don’t simply repeat what’s in your resume. The resume is there for that purpose and does a better job at it. The cover letter should contain your accomplishments and what makes you the right fit for the job.
- Do include if and when you are planning to take the licensure exam. You can then make arrangements after you take the exam.
For new nursing graduates to get the job, they would need a cover letter that effectively showcases their skills and capabilities. You can download our graduate nursing letter cover letter samples as guide in your search for that first nursing job.
131+ Sample Thank You Letters
35 Sample Resignation Letters in Word
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter Templates
12+ Basic Rental Agreement Letter Templates
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letters
Free Sample Love Letters in Word
11+ Sample Thank You Letters for Gifts Free Download
12+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters
13+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Sample Appeal Letters
12+ Example of Appeal Letter Templates to Download for Free
11+ Appeal Letters – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Appeal Letter Samples – PDF, Word
12+ Appeal Letters – Free Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Retirement Resignation Letters