In a business setting, an introduction is meant as a form of widening your network. Same goes when you want to get hired. Widening your network increases your chances of getting hired in a company who is not actively looking for a new hire. Introductory letters will do the trick. This type of letter will help to introduce yourself to a company and forge a new connection.
Eager to try this networking method? We have seven Sample Letters that you can refer to with a simple click of the DOWNLOAD button. Simply check out the samples we have by scrolling down.
Company Introduction Letter Sample
Self-Introductory Letter Example
Introductory Cover Letter Format
Company Introductory Letter Format
How Many Types of Introductory Letters Are There?
An introductory letter can be classified into two categories:
- The first category is an introductory letter that introduces yourself. You typically write to a company and introduce yourself to the business owner or as someone who is looking forward to being referred to a job opportunity in the company.
- The second category is an introductory letter that introduces another person. Someone you know who has a connection in the company may introduce you a potential candidate or someone who is in need of assistance in your job search.
For whatever purpose you may use an introductory letter for, it will prove as a useful way for networking, gaining advice with regards to your job search, and even getting hired.
Introductory Letters vs. Other Job-Related Letters
Job-related letters often get interchanged with each other. You might even think that an introductory letter is a cover letter. Let us tell you something: it’s not! A cover letter explains your qualifications for a specific job you are applying for.
You might also think that is a referral letter. In a way though, it does fall as a means of referring someone, especially if you write one to introduce someone else. However, a referral letter is where you explain your connections with the person you are writing for.
An introductory letter is simply an introduction of yourself or someone else to a potential employer. That simple!
You may want to check out more introductory letters:
Introductory Letter to Parents
Employee Introductory Letter
Free Introductory Lawyer Letter
Tips for Writing an Introductory Letter
Keeping your letter short and simple is the way to go! It is highly likely that the person you are writing to is a busy person, so getting his/her attention immediately is one of your main concerns. Check out other tips we have for you below:
- Include a quick introduction of yourself or the person you are writing for.
- Briefly explain the goal of your letter. Are you or the person you are writing for looking for a job opportunity? Do you want to set up an interview? Make sure to make your goals clear.
- Do not forget to include contact details to make it easy for the potential employer to get in touch with you or the person you are writing the letter for.
- If you are writing for someone else, match the tone of your letter with your relationship to the person you are introducing. However, if you are writing for yourself, make sure to adhere to an extremely professional tone.
Why Use of the Sample Introductory Letters?
- There’s a wide variety of Cover Letter Introduction Samples available on this website.
- All the letters can be downloaded for free in PDF format.
- These samples can be edited with the use of devices that are available in the market.
- All samples are of high quality making it one best set of samples available on the Internet.
14+ Sample Invitation Letters
7+ Invitation Letter Samples
32+ Examples of Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Pages
35+ Sample Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
8+ Sample Thank You Letters for Interview
11+ Thank You Letter Samples
6+ Interview Thank You Letter Samples
23+ Sample Thank You Letters
38+ Thank You Letters
10+ Collection Letter Templates – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Collection Letters – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
43+ Collection Letter Examples – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
8+ Sample Confirmation Letters – DOC
10+ Sample Welcome Letters
7+ Sample Welcome Letter Templates