Sample Cover Letters are documents, usually in a single page, of the applicant’s interest in a certain job and company. It is an act of pursuance, a self-endorsement letter, convincing the company for considering the role to be given. This letter is attached alongside with the resume.
Is a cover letter still relevant?
Yes. Basically, a cover letter is like the personalized version of your resume. Most of the employers love personalized approach and so the cover letter works well at times. The cover letter is like a bidding letter, trying to let the employer buy your skills and talents.
A good cover letter will give the applicants a high chance of being interviewed. Studies show that people who have written a very convincing cover letter got hired. Even in universities, applicants who wrote very good cover letters were accepted to study in the institution.
Free Resume Cover Letter Sample
Sample Retail Cover Letter Format
Housekeeping Cover Letter Sample
Internship Cover Letter in PDF
Sales Cover Letter for Free
What Should Be Mentioned in Your Cover Letter?
- Employer’s Name
When writing a cover letter, it is important that you address their company’s official identity formally.
- Main Content
In writing the main content, it is very crucial to include this on your cover letter:
- Self-introduction – just give a short formal introduction about yourself such as your name.
- Work experiences – employers are usually giving considerable basis on work experiences. The more experience you have, the more likely you will get accepted.
- Emphasize your skills – put down relevant skills that fits the role you are applying. Let’s say you’re applying for a graphic designer role, then emphasize your specialty in typography, digital illustration, branding, and visual design. So make sure your skills and the role correlate.
- Selling yourself – as much as possible, write down a very convincing remark that will make the employer think that you’re really good at what you do. Mention your best assets. If ever you have worked with big well-known companies, mention that too. It’s a plus to be affiliated with great companies, especially if you were once a good performer in that organization.
- Exclaim your achievements – achievements are like gold points. Employers will be very impressed if you have considerable achievements, it’s like an additional ability on your end.
- Your Name and Signature
This will be placed on the bottom left side of the page. Make sure you write down your complete name with the signature on top of it.
If you want to get more ideas about cover letters, you might want to check out Cover Letters for Job and Cover Letters For Internship for your next draft. These lists provide free downloads and the files can be customized too.
Professional Cover Letter in Word
Email Cover Letter Sample
Free Sample Teacher Cover Letter
Cover Letter for Employment Sample
Cover Letter for Application Sample
Sample Business Plan Cover Letter
Free Marketing Manager Cover Letter Sample
So if you are someone who decided to pursue a college degree and you’re applying for a university or a community college? Then try out this Sample Academic Cover Letters. The templates are specifically tailored for your academic needs. All of the files are free to download and are editable in Word format.
44+ Business Proposal Letter Examples
32+ Business Proposal Letters in Doc
29+ Business Proposal Letter Sample
38+ Sample Business Proposal Letters – PDF, DOC
9+ Sample Leadership Recommendation Letters – PDF, DOC
12+ Sample Eagle Scout Recommendation Letter Templates – PDF, DOC
11+ Sample Leadership Recommendation Letters
10+ Sample Service Termination Letters – PDF, DOC, Apple Pages, Google Docs
11+ Sample Partnership Proposal Letters – PDF, DOC
7+ Sample Landlord Lease Termination Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
14+ Sample Lease Proposal Letters – PDF, Pages
11+ Termination of Services Letters – DOC, Apple Pages, Google Docs
16+ Promotion Letters – DOC, PDF
7+ Sample Nursing Interview Thank-You Letters – PDF, Word
8+ Sample Physician Recommendation Letters – DOC, PDF