Whether you are an experienced office assistant or a law student aspiring to become a lawyer, and you intend to apply for a legal assistant job position, then you need to ensure that you submit a cover letter to the recruiters/hiring managers of the law firms you are applying for. As reference, you can download our legal assistant Sample Cover Letters on this page or you may browse our website’s wide collection of cover letters. These samples are available for free download.
Entry Level Legal Assistant Cover Letter Sample
Immigration Legal Assistant Cover Letter
Examples for Legal Assistant Cover Letter
Legal Assistant Internship Cover Letter Samples
Legal Assistant Cover Letters in PDF
Before Writing a Cover Letter: Self-Assessment
The key to an effective cover letter is the alignment of the job applicant’s future career goals with the job position that he/she is currently applying for. The reason for this is because a recruiter or prospective employer would want to hire someone who is interested in the job itself and not just performing the job solely for monetary/financial reasons.
That is why, before you write your cover letter for a legal assistant position, you need to assess yourself first if you can perform the duties of a legal assistant.
To help guide you, here are some of the job functions of a legal assistant:
- assist in preparing legal documents that are ready for printing after the lawyers review it;
- manage communications and correspondence between clients, informants, and other pertinent individuals via phone, voicemail, or e-mail;
- provide support for the lawyers and legal consultants in preparing, revising, and finalizing legal and written documents on time;
- meticulously review, proofread, and assist in the preparation of any materials necessary for the firm’s/lawyer’s legal tasks, including documents, memos, legal briefings, presentations, forms, and other items ensuring accuracy, cohesiveness, and completeness;
- ensure that the legal documents are properly formatted and proper styles are implemented;
- effectively communicate and provide backup support to all administrative staff in the legal firm as required; and
- ensure that supporting materials for meeting and events are prepared accurately and printed on a timely manner.
After you have assessed yourself and your capabilities and you have surmised that, indeed, working as a legal assistant would prove helpful to your career goals, then it is time for you to prepare yourself for the application process by preparing your resume, cover letter, and recommendation letter. For your cover letter-writing, refer to our templates on this page. If you want more reference, you can also check out our collection of Office Assistant Cover Letters by clicking on the link provided.
Legal Assistant Fresher Cover Letter Sample
Legal Assistant Trainee Cover Letter Example
Sample Legal Assistant Cover Letter
Things to Remember in Writing Your Cover Letter
- Avoid using too many “I’s”: Although technically, your cover letter should be about advertising your qualities, it is ill-advised to repeat the word I more than twice in one paragraph. The reason for this is not only does it disrupt the flow of your content through its repetition, but it also shows a lack of stamina or initiative in thinking of more creative ways to talk about your qualifications.
- Mention briefly how this position is aligned with your career goals.
- Don’t forget to state how you intend to add value to the company or law firm you are applying for. It is one of the many faults of someone writing a cover letter: to make it all about himself/herself when in fact, a company must also be assured that a potential employee would proactively facilitate in the fulfillment of the company’s goals/visions.
Now that you know the basics, go ahead and write your cover letter now! For more samples, check out our Free Cover Letter Samples.
131+ Sample Thank You Letters
35 Sample Resignation Letters in Word
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter Templates
12+ Basic Rental Agreement Letter Templates
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letters
Free Sample Love Letters in Word
11+ Sample Thank You Letters for Gifts Free Download
12+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters
13+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Sample Appeal Letters
12+ Example of Appeal Letter Templates to Download for Free
11+ Appeal Letters – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Appeal Letter Samples – PDF, Word
12+ Appeal Letters – Free Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Retirement Resignation Letters