Whether you are terminating an employment contract, a lease contract, or a service contract, you must sever such formal contracts in a formal manner. You may do so by sending the other party a termination letter that would properly notify them regarding your decision to terminate the contract or agreement.
For your convenience, we are offering a wide variety of termination letter templates that can show you the proper format and content of termination letters. Scroll down below and download the templates that suit your needs!
Lease Termination Letter
Lease Termination Letter Sample
Lease Termination Letter to Landlord
Example Lease Termination Letter
Examples of Contract Termination Letter
Service Contract Termination Letter
Termination Letter for Contractor
Agreement Contract Termination Letter
What Is a Termination Letter?
A termination letter is a formal document that is used by individuals and entities to formally notify another party regarding their decision to end a contract or agreement.
Why Must You Send a Formal Termination Letter?
A termination letter is naturally prepared in order to sever the bond that has been established through a formal agreement or a written contract. Hundreds of contracts are being formed every day in the professional setting. All these contracts have one thing in common and that is the fact that upon its formation, all the parties to it are bound by its terms. Hence, the moment one of the parties has decided that the terms of the contract are no longer beneficial to either of the party, then that is the time when such contract must be terminated formally through a termination letter.
The following are the reasons why contract termination letters are essential:
- It is a written document and thus, it can be used for future references. For instance, should there be any litigation assailing that the termination of the contract is invalid, this letter can be used as evidence of such a fact.
- It is an adequate avenue for the detailed explanation of why the contract has to be terminated.
- It is a polite, objective, and detached method of ending something as formal as a contract or agreement.
Employee Termination Letter Examples
Employee Termination Letter Sample
Employee Notice of Termination of Employment
Employee Termination Letter Due to Poor Performance
Examples of Patient Termination Letters
Patient Termination Letter Sample
Patient Notification of Contract Termination Letter
Letter to Patient Regarding Medicare Advantage Termination
Business Termination Letters
Business Employee Termination Notice Letter
What Is a Service Termination Letter?
A service termination letter is a type of termination letter. The aim of this letter is for a service provider to notify an existing client regarding the termination of a service agreement or contract.
A service agreement or contract is formed whenever a service provider decides to end his/her promise to provide certain services to a particular client. The following are the common examples of service providers that are usually placed in situations that require a termination letter:
- Independent service-providing professionals
- Physical trainers
- Meditation teachers
- Service-providing businesses
- Electric companies
- Water suppliers
- Internet connection supplying companies
- Cleaning and maintenance companies
Some Guidelines in Terminating Service Contracts
When terminating a service contract, you must be able to write an effective and appropriate service termination letter. Below is an outline of rules you can follow when writing a termination service contract:
- Before you can even think of sending a service termination letter, you must first be able to assess whether or not the reason for the termination is a valid one. Examples of valid reasons are the following:
- Failure of your client to fulfill any of the terms of the service contract
- Failure to pay the amount due for the service provided
- When you have confirmed the validity of such reason for termination, you must first allow your client to rectify the situation by sending them a proper warning.
- If your client fails to address the concern that has given rise to the need for the termination of the service agreement, then you may now start writing your termination letter. Format your letter properly. For reference, you may use our templates on this page.
Other than service termination letter templates, we also have employee termination letter templates available for download.
Examples of Medical Aid Termination Letter
Medical Aid Termination Letter Sample
Medical Aid Cancellation Letter Format
Job Termination Letters
Job Termination Letter by Employee
Job Termination Letter Sample
Notice of Job Termination Letter
Job Termination of Employment because of Absence
Examples of Insurance Termination Letters
Insurance Benefits Termination Letter
Home Insurance Termination Letter
Insurance Policy Termination Letter
Service Termination Letters
Merchant Service Termination Letter
Contract Service Termination Letter
Community Service Termination Letter
What Is a Rental Termination Letter?
A rental termination letter is used by property owners and landlords to notify their lessees regarding their decision to terminate a lease contract.
When you are about to evict a tenant or a lessee, you must be careful in following these rules:
- Check the laws of your state regarding the legally permissible grounds for rental termination.
- Check the lease contract and determine whether or not the reason for the termination is stated in the contract as a valid one.
The following are grounds for eviction that are commonly considered as valid and acceptable:
- The lessee’s failure to pay rent on time despite the prior warning notice of late payment
- The lessee’s destruction of the property leased
- The lessee’s involvement in the selling and distributing of illegal drugs
- The lessee’s willful disregard for the safety of other occupants of the area being rented.
When you have concluded that the ground for rental termination is valid, then you may proceed writing termination letters in Doc. Make sure that you are able to pattern it based on standard rental termination letter formats.
Examples of Client Termination Letters
Client Relationship Termination Letter
Business Client Termination Letter
Examples of Agreement Termination Letters
Rental Agreement Termination Letter
Dealer Agreement Termination Letter
Tenancy Agreement Termination Letter
Examples of Partnership Termination Letters
Termination Letter of Limited Partnership
Partner Termination Letter
Letter Regarding the Termination of the Business Partnership
Examples of Daycare Termination Letters
Notice of Termination of Contract Daycare Letter
Day Care Service Termination Letter
Daycare Termination Letter to Parents
Vendor Termination Letters
Vendor Agreement Termination Letter
What Is an Employee Termination Letter?
Employee termination letters are being churned out daily by companies. The best way to make sure that you are able to avoid unnecessary labor cases and litigation from former employees is by observing the state laws on proper employee termination.
Below is a list of valid grounds for employee termination:
- Habitual tardiness
- Wrongful use of company resources
- Violation of any of the terms stated in the employee contract that has been expressly stated to be a valid ground for employee termination
How to Write an Employment Termination Letter
The following are some guidelines for you to follow should you be in the position of terminating an employment contract:
- Observe the proper format of employment termination letters.
- Write the heading and the formal greeting.
- Address your employee using their complete name.
- In the introduction, state clearly that you are terminating his/her employment.
- Dedicate the next sentences in explaining the reason for the employment termination.
- Then specify the amount of money that your employee can expect to receive.
- Lastly, close your letter formally.
FREE 27+ Sample Sponsor Thank You Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Requisition Letter Templates in MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Business Name Change Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 14+ Sample Immigration Reference Letter Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Commitment Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 17+ Letterhead Samples in MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Partnership Proposal Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Financial Aid Appeal Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 5+ Vehicle Purchase Agreement Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Employment Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Letter of Support Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 14+ Quotation Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 14+ Apology Letters to Teacher in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 13+ Sample Letter of Intent for Promotion Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 11+ Court Character Reference Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages