A lot of people might think that in writing thank-you letters, you should pay attention to the body of the letter. While it may be very challenging to actually come up with what you want to say to impress the reader, closing your letter the right and appropriate way is also as important as any other part of the letter. You have to ensure that you will be able to have the reader remain positive in you and in the letter you have written.
We are here to help you decide what you can use as an appropriate closing to your thank-you letters. We will also present you with a few sample letters for different kinds of situations. These samples will serve as your reference to how you can properly close your thank-you letters with sophistication and class. Just make sure to continue reading as we will let you in on a few letter endings that will definitely suit your letter needs.
Interview Thank-You Letter Samples
Free Interview Thank You Letter Example to Download
Printable Sample Thank-You Letter for a Job Interview
After Interview Sample Letter Template in PDF
Downloadable Sample Interview Thank-You Letter
Post-Interview Thank-You Letter Example for Download
How to Choose the Appropriate Thank-You Letter Ending
You have two options on how you will end your thank-you letters: (1) you can end it in a warm and friendly tone or (2) you can choose to end it in a more formal manner. The closing you will choose will all depend on what your relationship with the recipient is. If you are writing a thank-you letter to a friend or to a recruiter whom you have established a good rapport with, you can choose to end your letter warmly. However, if you are writing to someone respectable, someone of authority, or someone you have yet to meet, ending it formally will be your best choice. Another tip to know how you can choose to end your letter is by reading through your letter. By doing so, you will be able to identify the tone and see how you can end your letter. Should you be having a hard time closing your letter, you can ask for help from some friends who might have experience writing thank-you letters.
Examples of Appropriate Closings to Use
Here are a few examples of closings for your thank-you letters for different kinds of situations where you may be writing a thank-you letter.
- Formal business situations. Normally, these closings are used for cover letters for job applications or letters of inquiry.
- Yours truly
- Sincerely yours
- Yours sincerely
- More personal. Once you have interacted with the recipient more than once, you may make use of the closings below. A perfect thank-you letter where you may use the following closings is for when you are writing a post-interview thank-you letter.
- Best regards
- Your respectfully
- Respectfully yours
- Good connection with the recipient. You may want to make use of the closings we will mention below if you have established a good relationship with the recipient already but you still respect him/her. One example of a good situation where you may use these closings is if you are writing a thank-you letter to your boss.
- Warm regards
- Best wishes
- With gratitude
- Kind wishes
Closings to Formal Thank-You Letters You Should Avoid
The following are not really inappropriate or wrong letter closings. In fact, you can actually use these closings for personal thank-you letters. However, it is best that these closings be avoided for business-related letters.
- Love always
Remember to keep these closings for thank-you letters that you will be writing for your friends and family.
Donation Thank-You Letter Samples
Sample Donation Thank You Letter
Free Sample Donation Scholarship Thank-You Letter in PDF
Printable Sample Thank-You Letter for Donation
Donation Thank You Letter Example to Download in PDF
Sample Thank You Letter for Donation Template
Scholarship Thank-You Letter Samples
Thank You Letter for Scholarship Example
Scholarship Thank-You Letter Sample in PDF
Free Scholarship Thank-You Letter Template
Downloadable Scholarship Thank-You Letter to Donor
Printable Scholarship Thank You Letter Format
Sample Thank-You Letter for Scholarship in PDF
Formatting the Closing of Your Thank-You Letter
- Capitalize. Always capitalize the first letter of your closing. If your closing has two words, only capitalize the first word of your closing.
- Comma. There should always be a comma after the closing. For example: Yours truly,
- Hard copy letters. If you are going to print or handwrite your thank-you letter, leave four spaces between the closing and your name. The space is dedicated for your signature.
- Email thank-you letters. If you are going to send your thank-you letter as an email, one space between the closing and your typed name would be enough. Make sure you also include your contact details after your typed name.
We hope our article has helped you figure out a way on how you can end your thank-you letters properly and appropriately. These tips, if followed correctly, can make ending your cover letter much easier and better. The free sample thank-you letters we have will also ensure that your letter is going to end up well-written and appropriate for the situation you will use your thank-you letters for. Remember to thank those who are in need of thanks. Your thank-you letters will definitely put a smile on their face.
14+ Sample Invitation Letters
7+ Invitation Letter Samples
32+ Examples of Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Pages
35+ Sample Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
8+ Sample Thank You Letters for Interview
11+ Thank You Letter Samples
6+ Interview Thank You Letter Samples
23+ Sample Thank You Letters
38+ Thank You Letters
10+ Collection Letter Templates – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Collection Letters – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
43+ Collection Letter Examples – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
8+ Sample Confirmation Letters – DOC
10+ Sample Welcome Letters
7+ Sample Welcome Letter Templates