Nowadays a lot of people prefer going online to shop or avail of services. More so given the situation, it is convenient and costumers can leisurely just scroll around and jump from one shopping platform to another. With this trend on the rise and would probably be in the next few years or so, a lot of businesses are starting to go online to sell their product or to offer their services. But merely uploading your brand online can does not generate the sufficient sales you need. What you need is a e-commerce marketing plan to help you capture your target market and effectively promote your brand. Read more about this in our article and don’t forget to check our free e-commerce marketing plan samples below:
3+ E-commerce Marketing Plan Samples
1. E-commerce Marketing Plan Template
2. E-commerce Marketing Plan
3. E-commerce Startup Company Marketing Plan
4. E-commerce Digital Marketing Plan
What Is an E-commerce Marketing Plan?
Like most companies, those who are engaging in ecommerce business or is planning to do are advised to come up with a e-commerce marketing plan. You could use this marketing plan to successfully grow your business online. This should contain actionable and tactical marketing strategies that you’ll be able to refer to again and again throughout the year. This will give guide you to the right direction on how to go about with your goal attainment.
How to Write a E-commerce Marketing Plan?
First of all ecommerce is the buying and selling of goods online, basically its main source of revenue is the through the internet, which is commonly used nowadays. Marketing plan more or less has the same content, the only difference is how it is presented or drafted depending on the type of industry a company is engaged to. So, this time we shall focus our attention on writing an ecommerce marketing plan. Here are some components you should check as you start drafting your marketing plans:
I. Mission Statement
II. Understanding Your Target Market
There is a broad spectrum of customers you can tap online. But getting this in a specific level can be quite tricky since you are not able to see your customers physically and you must relay on how you aim to deliver your brand to the public. Take for instance selling toys online for kids would mean you need to find a way to draw the parents attention first to your product. Since you must expect that not all children are capable of using the internet to shop around unlike buying in physical stores. Understanding your target market does not merely segregate them by age group or the such, you need to grasp the consumers spending behavior and their buying power online.
III. Describe Your Product or Services
Describing your product or services online can be challenging since nothing beats trying on something physically, like clothes or shoes for instance, which can help you decide whether to buy it or not. So how do you translate such effect when it comes to your ecommerce business? This is something you must go over about. It does help to describe in full detail the components of your products. Taking sharp photos with different angles, enlisting models or some business are now using a so called virtual dressing room which is allows shoppers to try on items without touching them. It works by overlaying an item on a live video feed of a customer.
IV. Marketing Strategies
The key for successful marketing is understanding what makes someone want to use or buy services and what type of marketing strategy they respond to. Since ecommerce is basically using the internet as a main tool to sell your brand online here are the following e-commerce marketing strategies and you can use to increase sales.
- Social Media: It is a given to use social media marketing as part of your marketing plan. Basically almost everyone is on it so exposure is the main key to getting your product or service to sell. By using social media platforms, you can always opt to promote your product for free by regularly posting updates or pay for it through social media ads to get more traffic to your brand.
- Content Marketing is where you create an engaging content that is relevant to your brand. People nowadays love reading blogs, so tell a story about your product, gather customer testimonials, share videos or photographs or create content that would encourage customer interaction. An appealing and fun content will surely generate traffic to your website or page.
- Search Engines are one of the most significant sources of getting relevant traffic to your online store. The use of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the way to get relevant traffic from search engines. With the right key words and content, this could draw customer traffic to your e-commerce store.
- Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising is online advertising model used to drive traffic to websites, in which an advertiser pays a publisher when the ad is clicked. PPC would allow ecommerce businesses to set up a small text ad that usually appear with search results. Although this may cost a little, it can help improve the ranking of your online store.
- Email marketing has been an effective way to promote your product and services. There are endless ways to market to consumers via email. You can advertise new products, send out limited-time discounts or coupons, offer free shipping, or even hold contests. And all these are done for free.
V. Understand the Competition
More or less your competitors are also probably doing the same thing as you, but instead of trying to take them down, it is much more better to understand and learn from their marketing strategies and build up or enhance your own. By performing a competitive analysis you are able to better assessment the strengths and weaknesses of current and potential competitors.
VI. Other Selling Platforms
Nowadays customer prefer hopping from one selling platform to another. So it maybe wise to not only limit selling your products in your official website but also sell on other online marketplaces. Believe it or not, there are numerous customer who prefer a platform that has everything on it. More like an online mall, where you just type the product name in the search button and you got all your choices. Aside from this being convenient, customers always love to compare and get added bonus in a form of credits or points from their favorite shopping platform. So it is a good concept to add to your marketing plan, extending your online business with other online selling partners.
VII. Review and Update
Your ecommerce marketing plan must include making continued changes and updates to your online shop. The ecommerce environment is a fluid marketplace. Trends and consumer behavior can change anytime given the surrounding influences. Maintaining a good reputation is always a priority, since the backlash of the online community can be quite nasty. So always make sure to review all of your product information, ensure these are accurate and up-to-date, and that discontinued products are removed.
What Is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is a component of marketing that makes use of the internet, mobile devices, social media, search engines, display advertising, and other channels to reach consumers.
Is E-commerce Business Profitable?
Given the trend nowadays, yes it is profitable and a growing business venture. But it takes the right and effective marketing strategies to push your brand into the internet.
What Are the Advantages of E-commerce?
For businesses this could be cost effective, affordable advertising and marketing, faster response to buyer or market demands to name a few. While for customers shopping online gives flexibility, limitless choices, product or service comparison, several payment mode and etc.
Since it may seem convenient and easy to sell products online more and more companies, big and small are setting up their ecommerce business. Ecommerce gives companies the ability to reach more customers than traditional retail. With so many people making their purchases online, it is the fastest growing retail market. With a lot of competition, it is crucial to come up with an effective e-commerce marketing plan to help your business stand out in the online marketplace.
FREE 15+ Advertising SWOT Analysis Templates
FREE 14+ Sample Sales Plan
FREE 14+ Business Operational Plan Samples
FREE 10+ Simple Operational Planning Samples
FREE 10+ Target Market Analysis Samples
FREE 10+ Inventory Action Plan Samples
FREE 9+ Strategic Sales Plan Templates
FREE 9+ Content Marketing Samples
FREE 9+ Sample Business Implementation Plan
FREE 7+ Chief Marketing Officer Job Description Samples
FREE 30+ Company Profile Samples
FREE 10+ Retail Action Plan Samples
FREE 9+ Marketing Analyst Job Description Samples
FREE 8+ Retail Manager Job Description Samples