Teachers today expect modern and innovative training techniques to help improve their teaching skills and to also develop new techniques in teaching in today’s day and age when learning is becoming digital. If you’re assigned to train teachers, it’s important to create a training plan. A training plan helps you keep track of the flow of the training sessions that you will be conducting and helps you focus on the topics you need to discuss in the training. Furthermore, a training plan ensures that you will tackle what teachers need to learn and boost their productivity through the series of activities you’ve let them do to improve the teaching techniques. This article will guide you on how to make a training plan for teachers.
10+ Teacher Training Plan Samples
1. Free Teacher Training Plan Template
2. Teacher Training Lesson Plan Template
3. Teacher Evaluation Training Plan
4. Teacher Internship Program Training Plan
5. Teacher Training Programme Needs and Plan
6. Sample Teacher Training Plan
7. Teacher Training Payment Plan
8. Mentor Teacher Training Task Plan
9. Virtual Academy Teacher Training Plan
10. Teacher Development Mentor Training Plan
11. Teacher Coordinator Training Plan
What is a Training Plan?
A training plan is a written document where an organized description of the activities and resources needed for the training is clearly outlined. It also states how the training will guide the group undergoing the training to a specific learning objective. Some training plans are just mere outlines of the training and some include complex details in them such as prompts and questions to be asked during the training session. It’s up to the person making the plan on how they want their training plan to look like.
How to Make a Teacher Training Plan
1. Identify What Your School Needs
What are the needs of your school or educational organization that needs training sessions to address it? Once you’ve identified it, make it your training goal. Create sub-goals that will serve as your training objectives.
2. Give Details About the Training Session
Describe what the training is all about. State what topics, content areas, or discussions will be discussed, state how many training sessions the teachers will undergo, state how long each training session lasts and what time they start and end, and describe the teachers who will be participating.
3. Set Up the Training Logistics
Give details of the venue, date, and time of the training session. Don’t forget to include the equipment and tools that you will be needing for the training (such as whiteboards, laptops, tables, chairs, etc.). If you need to operate software or install plug-ins or firewalls when accessing the internet or just any technical support in general, include its details here as well. One last thing to include in this section is the registration details such as its process and the number of participants who registered for the training session.
4. Develop Your Training Session
Outline the series of events and tasks to do during the training session, from the beginning of the session until it concludes. In this section, you will develop agendas that will be addressed in the training preparation and execution, the resources needed, rehearsal process for those who will present, save presentation copies for easy access during training sessions, and include strategies on how you will keep your participants’ enthusiasm and motivation.
5. Announce Your Training Session
One last thing to prepare is to promote your training session to teachers who will be interested to join. Describe in the plan how you will advertise it (will you post posters and flyers on bulletin boards or send emails to potential participants?).
What are the five stages of training?
The five stages of training are assessment, motivation, design, delivery, and evaluation.
What are the three main components of a training session?
The three main components of a training session are the warm-up, the main activity, and the cool down.
What are some examples of activities to be done in a training session?
Below is a list of examples of activities that can be done in a training session:
- Lectures: These are used to introduce a topic and usually require a specialized speaker to discuss the topic to the participants.
- Demonstrations: These are used to show the steps in a process or task. The speaker can either demonstrate the task in front of the participants or let the participants try to do the task themselves.
- Discussions: These allow participants to ask questions or voice out their opinion on the concepts of the topic they learned and were discussed to them.
- Online learning: These are done when participants need to gain practical experience involving IT skills or if they need to access video or audio material.
- Roleplay: These are done by letting participants act out new skills in a simulated environment and getting feedback from other participants.
- Case studies: These are done to help participants put new information into context by analyzing situations or events relevant to the information they’ve discussed and learned.
Writing a training plan might seem daunting but all your effort is worth it as it will keep you focused on achieving your training goals. Make sure to review it first before presenting the plan with the school administration and don’t forget to go through it and review it for any grammatical and spelling errors, incoherent sentences, and tone of the plan in general. Make changes if needed. You can then print it out and present copies to your school administration and ask for suggestions and listen to their opinions to check if the training plan needed to be changed a bit to include some steps to be taken for quality training. If you want to get started on making your own training plan, download our free sample templates as your reference!
FREE 10+ Safety Training Agreement Samples
FREE 10+ Academic Action Plan Samples
FREE 9+ Sample Curriculum Planning Templates
FREE 9+ Employee Training Agreement Samples
FREE 7+ Sample Workshop Evaluation Forms
FREE 5+ Teaching Improvement Plan Samples
FREE Sample Toddler Lesson Plan Templates
FREE 24+ Sample Training Schedule Templates
FREE 24+ Sample Training Schedule Templates
FREE 11+ Sample Daily Lesson Plan Templates
FREE 10+ Employee Training Plan Samples
FREE 10+ Unit Lesson Plan Samples
FREE 10+ Annual Training Plan Samples
FREE 7+ School Implementation Plan Templates
FREE 4+ Music Teaching Contract Samples