A leadership role is an important responsibility that requires a clear purpose and strategic planning. Creating a leadership impact statement is highly beneficial to define your purpose and identify your values, behaviors, and goals that you prioritize as a leader. If you’re a leader in your organization, team, group, now is the best time to cook up a statement to give you a clearer direction going forward as a leader and to also help your people be aware of your true intentions and the impact you have as a leader. Read the article to find out how to create a leadership impact statement.
10+ Leadership Impact Statement Samples
1. Leadership Impact Statement
2. Leadership Program Impact Statement
3. Technology Leadership Impact Statement
4. Leadership Equity Impact Statement
5. Leadership Behavior Impact Problem Statement
6. School Leadership Fiscal Impact Statement
7. Leadership Assessment Impact Statement
8. Leadership Impact Purpose Statement
9. Stakeholder Leadership Equity Impact Statement
10. Leadership Management Impact Statement
11. Personal Leadership Impact Statement
What is a Leadership Statement?
A leadership statement also called a personal leadership statement or a leadership philosophy statement, helps you define your role, beliefs, values, purpose on how you lead others.
How to Write a Leadership Impact Statement?
1. Choose the Values You Want to Highlight
The first thing to do when you write your leadership impact statement is to clearly define your priorities and the values that you want to highlight as a leader. List them all one, and rank them in order of importance.
2. Outline Your Concrete Objectives
The next part is to know the goals that you want to achieve as a leader. To help you decide and make your goals more concrete, answer the set of questions below:
- What is your main purpose as a leader? Why are you doing what you do?
- Who are your leadership role models and what did you learn from them?
- What critical events in your life shaped your beliefs about leadership?
- What values and principles are reflected in your plans, decisions, and actions when leading others?
- What are your intentions and commitments? How do you set an example for the people?
- What do you expect from your people?
You can also use the SMART goals guide to make your goals more effective. When you’re done making your goals, identify which actions you will take to reach your goals and make them a reality. Also, incorporate your values into your goals. By incorporating all these three aspects together, your leadership impact statement can provide you more than a glimpse of how your leadership looks like in reality.
3. Know How Your Goals Will Impact Your People
Review your values, goals, and actions and determine how they will impact the people you’re leading. Find common values and goals with your people; having the same values and goals can help your organization, or team, or group have a harmonious relationship and your teamwork and cooperation will be your strongest qualities.
4. Write the Statement
Now you’re done evaluating the aspects of leadership that are essential to your statement, you can start writing your statement. Make sure the statement is clear, crisp, and concise. Keep it within two to three sentences to make it easy to remember for you.
Why is a leadership statement important?
A personal leadership statement helps a leader to be more aware of who you really are as a leader to help you be more aware in your leadership to build trust and respect between you and your people.
What is the impact of effective leadership?
Effective leadership creates employee engagement and motivation in their work that could result in customer satisfaction, better service, innovation, and profits.
What leadership skills one must have?
The important leadership skills that are every leader must have are self-development, teamwork, strategic thinking, civic-mindedness, and innovation.
When writing your leadership impact statement, make sure you use engaging words. After you write your statement, review it; proofread it for any mistakes and make the necessary edits. Make sure your statement is clear, inspiring, and impactful. To help you write a solid leadership impact statement, download our free sample templates provided above to use as your reference!
FREE 9+ Sample Resume Summary Statement
FREE 9+ Sample Goal Statement
FREE 8+ Sample Objective Statement Resume
FREE 8+ Sample Leadership Recommendation Letter
FREE 8+ Sample Residency Personal Statement
FREE 7+ Research Mission Statement Samples
FREE 3+ Printable Company Profile Samples
FREE 37+ Statement Formats & Templates
FREE 36+ Introduction Speech Samples
FREE 25+ Sample Community Service Letter
FREE 10+ Suitability Statement Samples
FREE 10+ Architecture Statement of Purpose Samples
FREE 10+ Strategic Training Plan Samples
FREE 7+ Sample General Objective for Resume
FREE 6+ Sample Scholarship Application Essay