A stock clerk is essential in grocery stores, convenience stores, and any retail stores because this personnel ensures that the stocks are placed in the appropriate locations (e.g. shelves, stock rooms, warehouses, delivery vehicles, etc.) and maintains the stock area’s cleanliness. Also, they keep an inventory of stocks in order to make things easier for the manager and the purchasing staff.
If you are looking to hire a stock clerk, then you need to refer to a stock clerk job description in order to know the specific functions of this job position. For your convenience, we have collected various stock clerk Job Description Samples that you may download for free.
Warehouse Stock Clerk Job Description
Stock Inventory Clerk Job Description
Cashier Stock Clerk Job Description
Stock Transfer Clerk Job Description
Target Stock Clerk Job Description
Job Functions of a Stock Clerk
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
- Pack and unpack merchandise to be stocked on shelves, stockrooms, or warehouses.
- Prepares stock for delivery and keep an organized record of deliverables.
- Ensures that stock are handled safely when transferring it to delivery vehicles.
- Ensures that stocks are received by the buyers.
- Checks stock for any defect or damages and take the necessary steps to address these problems such as reporting such defects to the assigned head or supervisor.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the stocking shelves, stock room, or warehouses (if applicable).
- Assist customers with their product questions in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Refer customers to the appropriate staff or stock clerk when necessary.
- Offer suggestions for purchases and ways to prepare products.
- Help customers place special orders.
- Encourage customers to purchase more items or to purchase another item that is relevant to the one they are buying.
- Ensures that the stocks displayed on the shelves are not overcrowded nor misplaced.
- Keep all stock labels or names in front and facing the customers’ line of vision.
- Rotate older stock to front in order to ensure that old stocks will be purchased before its expiry dates.
- Label merchandise items accurately with price tags, shelf tags, or hanging signs.
- Compute prices of items in observance of a memorandum or notice for markdowns and sales in order to alter the amount indicated in the price tags.
- Use formal and approachable language and behavior in dealing with customers.
- Maintain a tidy appearance at all times.
- Observe the company-mandated uniforms (if applicable) or dress codes.
- Maintain an environment of positive communication among store personnel in order to promote a more efficiently working team.
For more information about this position, refer to our collection of Stocker Job Description Samples by clicking on the link provided.
Stock Clerk Position Job Description
Retail Store Clerk Job Description
Stock Utility Clerk Job Description
Grocery Stock Clerk Job Description
Minimum Requirements for a Stock Clerk
- Ability to read and write well.
- A high school diploma is not necessary, however it is a plus.
- Sales experience in any retail store or any type of store that involves working with customers on a daily basis is preferable.
- Capable of communicating with customers professionally.
- Exceptional organizational ability with a high attention to detail.
- Capable of keeping an organized record of the ins and outs of stocks.
If it interests you, you can also visit this link, Office Clerk Job Descriptions, or browse through our huge and varied collections of job description templates on our website.
FREE 9+ Sample Software Developer Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Software Engineer Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 9+ Human Resource Management Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Human Resources Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Human Resource Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Human Resources Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ HR Payroll Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ HR Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample HR Coordinator Job Description Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample HR Manager Job Descriptions in PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Treasurer Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Environmental Engineer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Construction Worker Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Construction Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF