Warehouses, manufacturing companies, large-scale businesses, retailing stores—all these require the presence of a stock associate who will manage all the necessary steps in the transferring and stocking of merchandise; also, the record-keeping and organizing of all necessary documents.
If you are managing a company or organization that maintains a warehouse or stock area, then you will benefit the most by employing job descriptions in your regular business operations. For your convenience, we have stock associate Job Description Samples that you may download for free. Scroll down below and download the sample that suits the nature of your business.
Stock and Inventory Associate Job Description
Sales and Stock Associate Job Description
Grocery Stock Associate Job Description in PDF
Job Functions of a Stock Associate
- Orders packaging supplies, office supplies, stationary sullies, and fixtures needs by placing orders following store monthly and yearly budge while keeping store management informed
- Maintain company standards of neat, clean, and organized stockroom
- Maintain designated damage areas and repair these areas for the staff to utilize
- Coordinates with inventory manager for damaged and defective merchandise directions
- Executes and oversees spot checks from different brands and categories weekly
- Communicate effectively with inventory manager or any discrepancies regarding the purchase order received
- Responsible for receiving merchandise
- Ensures timely processing of all shipments, transfers, distributions, stocking, etc.
- Maintains the organization and cleanliness of the stock area
- Check merchandise and supplier deliveries for accuracy
- Verifies the quantities, quality, and other pertinent details of the merchandise received, which should concur with what is stated in the purchase orders or the packing slip, and other relevant shipping documents
- Oversees the transfers of damaged goods and strive to obtain immediate solution for the damaged goods
- Keeps an updated inventory of the transported and stored stocks
Download our collection of Stocker Job Description Samples for more reference.
Stock Associate Job Description Sample
Sample Stock Associate Job Description
Job Descriptions and Worker’s Efficiency
First of all, a job description is a type of document that enumerates the basic qualifications and duties that a certain job position entails. It contains the following details:
- job title;
- employee status (regular, contractual, part-time);
- the person/supervisor whom the employee must report to;
- job summary;
- job qualifications;
- education and experience required;
- certificates, licenses, and registrations required; and
- physical requirements for the job.
Job descriptions are one of the most effective tools of employee management. When the operations of the business you are currently managing is large enough to involve the stocking, transferring, and distributing large quantities of merchandise and goods, it logically follows that you need to hire more employees who will ensure that these goods are handled appropriately and with great care. As mentioned, stock associates are the ones who performs these merchandise distribution tasks.
Most managers/business owners tend to overlook the importance of these stock associates since they belong to the lower rungs of the business organization; doing such is a great error in business management since these sales associates are the very individuals who ensure that the quality of the merchandise being sent to customers are top-notch and the quantity delivered corresponds to the quantity stated in the purchase order.
Hence, if you are a business owner/manager, then you need to make sure that your stock associates are made aware of the specific and detailed enumeration of the responsibilities that their position entails. This way, they are made more accountable for their actions/quality of their performance.
For your other business needs, you may also want to check out our Sales Associate Job Descriptions. Simply click on the link provided.
11+ Payroll Job Description Samples
10+ Editor Job Description Samples
8+ Case Management Job Description Samples
8+ Copy Editor Job Description Samples
9+ Administrator Job Description Samples
8+ Building Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description
9+ Property Management Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description Samples
11+ Sample Systems Administrator Job Descriptions
9+ Project Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Design Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Assistant Engineer Job Description Samples
6+ Petroleum Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Activity Director Job Description Samples