A medical office manager is the person who is in charge primarily of making sure that the medical office runs smoothly. He/she is concerned with the business and organizational aspect of the medical office or clinic. He/she serves as the glue that binds together the managing staff, the billing staff, the cleaning staff, and the medical staff (nurses, doctors, medical technicians, radiology technicians, etc.) in order to form a cohesive and efficient whole.
That is why, if you are a general manager of a clinic or a hospital, or a newly registered doctor who wants to open his/her own clinic, then you need to use accurate and specific job descriptions in order to hire the perfect medical office manager who fits the job. By using job descriptions, your manager will know which specific functions are expected of him/her. For your convenience, download our medical office manager Job Description Samples now! Simply scroll down below and click on the sample that suits your needs.
Assistant Medical Office Manager Job Description
Medical Office/Billing Manager Job Description
Pediatric Medical Office Manager Job Description
Medical Practice Manager Job Description
In tailoring a job description, you need to make sure that it contains all the necessary tasks and job functions that a certain medical office managing position entails. Here are the job description samples that we have made available for you:
Medical Office/Billing Manager
A medical office billing manager is in charge with handling the financial aspect of the medical office or medical institution. Normally, in small medical offices and clinics, the task of billing clients/patients are performed by the same person who manages the medical office as a whole. However, in large medical institutions, an entire department is engaged primarily in the billing concerns of patients/clients. It is in this department that a billing manager is necessary.
The following are the basic job functions of a billing manager:
- assist in implementing the daily payments of patients,
- assures that the patients are made to pay for the accurate amount that corresponds to the hospital services they availed,
- post payments received to appropriate patient’s account,
- prepare and mail financial/billing statements to patients who have existing outstanding balance,
- prepares accounting reports to be submitted to department head or to the general medical manager,
- monitors and collects account receivables, and
- optimizes the use of computers in preparing reports and tracking down customer payments.
For more reference, we also have Medical Assistant Job Description Samples that are also available for download.
Medical Records Office Manager Job Description
Medical Office Manager Job Description
Medical Records Office Manager Job Description
A medical records manager is the person tasked with keeping the patient records in an organized and systematized manner.
The following are the basic responsibilities of a medical records manager:
- verifies that all releases of information take place in accordance with the governing laws of the state regarding medical records;
- processes all incoming and outgoing medical release forms;
- organizes all the patient records and other records of the medical clinic in a systematic way;
- back up other departments, answer phones, assist the front desk as needed with special projects, and assist the medical record staff with the day-to-day work; and
- keeps supervisor or head informed of problems or issues regarding the patient records and order office supplies as deemed necessary.
Various Job Descriptions for Medical Office Managers
Aside from the abovementioned, we have a plethora of job descriptions for the medical manager position. Feel free to download these and edit according to your needs. Editing shouldn’t be much of a hassle since these are available in PDF and .DOC format, which makes it easier for you to tweak our templates according to your preferences.
We also have the basic Office Manager Job Description Samples that might also interest you for future needs.
5+ Video Game Designer Job Description Samples
9+ HR Payroll Job Description Samples
11+ Payroll Job Description Samples
10+ Editor Job Description Samples
8+ Case Management Job Description Samples
8+ Copy Editor Job Description Samples
9+ Administrator Job Description Samples
8+ Building Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description
9+ Property Management Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description Samples
11+ Sample Systems Administrator Job Descriptions
9+ Project Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Design Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Assistant Engineer Job Description Samples