Engineering is a complex art of building things that is the measure of civilization. For every construction plan implemented and completed, we have engineers to thank for. That’s how valuable engineers are in contributing everything from ancient times down to the modern progression of things that we all come to experience and enjoy today. Without engineers to help in building everything in our lives and industry, we’d still be stuck in the dark ages.
Our Job Description Samples for engineers offers samples for most engineering professions. These come with each profession’s job descriptions and their respective duties, tasks, and responsibilities. These are all free to download and modify to user specifications.
Quality Engineer Job Description Sample
Engineering Manager Job Description
Technical Sales Engineer Job Description Example
Engineering Technician Job Description
Electrical Engineer Job Description
Assistant Engineer Job Description
Most engineering job professions have a specialized field that define their area of expertise. In general engineering, the skills and interests needed in pursuing the career can be transferable to all engineering types. The option to choose a particular field is only given after two years of study. Most engineering courses are centered on the following common types:
- Civil Engineering – involved in the planning, design and construction of a range of physical infrastructures like buildings, roads, dams, and bridges. They can also be involved in environmental engineering projects in both public and private sectors.
- Chemical Engineering – career mostly centered on biochemical and petrochemical industries and focused particularly on areas that involve energy and biotechnology. They apply both physical sciences and applied mathematics in their field of expertise to properly use chemicals, materials, and energy resources.
- Electrical Engineering – mostly deals with the technology of electricity and involves developing circuits and devices that range from tiny microchips to big generators in power stations.
- Mechanical Engineering – career focuses on the design and production of complex mechanical systems. They work on anything ranging from heating and cooling systems to air-conditioning, escalators, and elevators. Basically the process of how machines work is what this kind of engineering is focused on.
- Industrial Engineering – basically the optimization of processes, systems, and organizations are the focus of this type of career engineering. This is what most people call the application of engineering and its sciences to operations management. This field sometimes overlaps with other engineering fields in manufacturing and management science.
Those are some of the core engineering fields that can be considered the basis of most engineering concepts. For other engineering-related job descriptions, please check on our website’s Systems Engineer Job Descriptions and Network Engineer Job Description for computer-related engineering.
Mechanical Engineer Job Description
Engineer Trainee Job Description
System Engineer Job Description
Maintenance Engineer Job Description
Process Engineer Job Description
Design Engineer Job Description
Printable Civil Design Engineer Job Description
In its foundation, engineering principles are centered on problem solving, analyses, and fixing problems that involve complex designs and infrastructure. Engineers can move from one field to another if there is lack of manpower skills. They are trained to perform certain aspects of engineering that they don’t specialize in. They are trained for any engineering tasks, which they perform to the best of their abilities in order to meet any requirements needed from their profession.
For more samples of mechanical engineering tasks and specialties, check out our Mechanical Engineering Job Description Samples. These are all free to download and can be modified according to specification requirements and available in both Word Doc and PDF files.
11+ Payroll Job Description Samples
10+ Editor Job Description Samples
8+ Case Management Job Description Samples
8+ Copy Editor Job Description Samples
9+ Administrator Job Description Samples
8+ Building Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description
9+ Property Management Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description Samples
11+ Sample Systems Administrator Job Descriptions
9+ Project Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Design Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Assistant Engineer Job Description Samples
6+ Petroleum Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Activity Director Job Description Samples