A contract administrator is primarily responsible for examining and revising contracts that involve the sale of goods or services. While purchasing managers have their responsibilities relegated to supply requisitions and inventory, a contract administrator has the primary task of examining and analyzing all specifications in the contract are met and achieved.
Our Job Description Samples for contract administrators are offered with the the primary tasks and responsibilities needed for the job. These may help employers draft their own descriptions on how contract administrators handle complex issues and resolve them according to their expertise. These are all free to download and modify according to specifications and can be downloaded in both Word Doc and PDF file formats.
Senior Contract Administrator Job Description Sample
Contract Administration Manager Job Description Example
Free Assistant Contract Administrator Job Description
Repairs Contract Administrator Job Description in PDF
Inside Sales & Contract Administrator Job Description
Contract administrators may either be connected in the private sector such as schools, construction firms, and production companies, or with government agencies. The position is quite important in government agencies since they are tasked with overseeing contracts that are being awarded to private contractors, are being implemented both on schedule, and the quality of service or product that is being supplied are all according to specifications.
Some of the primary tasks and responsibilities of a contract administrator include,
- preparing contract documentations, reviews, approves or recommends denial or proposes alternatives for any changes proposed by the buyer;
- handles acquisition, distribution, and storing of equipment and supplies while overseeing their files and documentation;
- monitoring contractor performance, contract change notices, reporting, and statuses of contractor and owner deliveries;
- organizing and preparing billing documentation and ensuring all contract activity is being billed while ensuring nothing gets unbilled;
- manage, prepare, and maintain all documentation needed for collection purposes and make the necessary collection calls;
- ensure all contracted work are in compliance with legal requirements, administration specifications, and government regulations;
- prepares, analyzes, and reviews any of the project’s financial impact and explores alternative contract terms to minimize cost for the company;
- having adequate knowledge of all suppliers to get a grasp on all contracted agreements and maintain competitive edge;
- ensure accurate and timely contract bidding, submissions, and awarding so that there are no delays in implementation of projects; and
- provides guidance and professional expertise to less experienced specialists and train them on the job.
For other professional job description samples, please check out our Technical Writer Job Description Samples. These are all free for downloading and can be modified or edited according to user specifications.
Contract Management Administrator Job Description
Contract Administrator Job Description & Responsibilties
Contract Database Administrator Job Description
Project Contract Administrator Job Description
Aside from the tasks and duties being mentioned above, contract administrators do reviews on all terms and conditions of every transaction to ensure both buyers are given the best products possible while reminding suppliers to deliver only the best quality materials possible. Besides interpreting documents and managing delivery terms, contract administrators also make a review on negotiating prices to make sure there are no overpricing or underpricing being done to any of the transactions.
For more relevant professions related to contracting jobs, please check on our Construction Project Manager Job Descriptions. These descriptions give a detailed example of the tasks and responsibilities expected of individuals qualified for the position. These are all free to download on both Word Doc and PDF files.
11+ Payroll Job Description Samples
10+ Editor Job Description Samples
8+ Case Management Job Description Samples
8+ Copy Editor Job Description Samples
9+ Administrator Job Description Samples
8+ Building Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description
9+ Property Management Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description Samples
11+ Sample Systems Administrator Job Descriptions
9+ Project Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Design Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Assistant Engineer Job Description Samples
6+ Petroleum Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Activity Director Job Description Samples