Receipts come in many different types and formats. There are receipts that can be used as a general receipt for almost anything and there are also receipts that are created and formatted specifically for use in a specific industry or business. A medical bill receipt belongs to this specific type of receipt.
Featured in this article are medical bill receipt templates that can viewed and downloaded either for personal use or for reference. We will find out what a medical bill receipt is, what it is used on and other related topics. You can check them all out below.
Blank Medical Bill Receipt Template
Medical Hospital Bill Receipt Template
Editable Medical Receipt Template
Sample Medical Doctor Bill Receipt Template
Colorful Medical Receipt Template
Medical Services Receipt Template
Medical Supply Receipt Template
What Is a Medical Bill Receipt?
The medical industry uses its own sets of receipt for all of its transaction. The format and the inclusions in such receipt vary depending on the institution using it. Medical facilities and institutions who use and issue medical bill receipts include, hospitals, clinics, outpatient care facilities, medical laboratories and many more. The details that a medical bill receipt commonly includes are the general profile of the patient, such as their name and age, type of room they are in, the list of services, laboratory tests and examinations that they have undergone, the list of medications given to them, the attending physician or physicians, date of stay and date of discharge.
Since hospital bills often get too pricey, the breakdown of everything that made up the charges must be provided in the bill so that it will be easy for the client to know and understand what they are paying for or what made the bill pricey. Medical bill receipts can also be used as reference on the laboratory tests that patients went through, aside from that of the patent’s record. Laboratory results can also be conveniently claimed by presenting the appropriate receipt. Records of medical bill receipts are also very useful when it comes to tracking hospital items that has been sold or used by patients or customers. For hospital or clinic owners, medical bill receipts are crucial documents to keep because just like other forms of business, these receipts will also help support the business.
There are indeed many notable uses of medical bill receipts. Other related topics you may find useful are Restaurant Bill Receipt Templates, Sample Construction Receipt Templates, and Gift Receipt Templates.
What Is the Difference Between a Receipt and an Invoice?
Receipts and invoices are two different words that most of us think are the same. Are they really? Well, you can say that they are the same in some ways, but they are really not the same. Sounds confusing? Well let’s clear things up a bit. People mistake receipts for invoice and vice versa because the contain almost the same kinds of details or information. If you see an itemized list of all the items, goods or services together with their corresponding prices, the quantity, price per unit and many more in a receipt, then you most likely will see them in an invoice. And this is mainly what confuses a lot of people. Another similarity between a receipt and an invoice is that they both have the total price to be paid in them. They even look identical!
So how are receipts different from invoices? They may have some things in common, but they surely have a lot of differences. Let’s start with their appearance and contents. While they may provide the same list of items, a receipt will always have receipt number written on it so that you know it is a receipt. Somewhere on the receipt, usually at the bottom, there will be a statement about it being a proof of payment. Invoices have their own invoice number and does not bear any statements saying it’s a proof of purchase. That’s pretty easy to understand, right?
Moving on to the next defining factor, the mode of payment. What’s up with the mode of payment. If you have noticed, receipts always indicate the mode of payment used in the transaction. If you use cash then you will see a cash payment indicated, and if you have change it record the change amount. If you paid with credit card, debit card, gift certificate or gift card, then you will the specific mode of payment used including some personal information and the last four digits of the card number. This is done so that businesses can keep track of the different payment transactions and be able to tell how much they have earned in total from cash payments, credit card payments and so on. Well, there are payment terms and conditions stated in an invoice, but you can’t tell whether the payment is done with cash or with something else.
Perhaps the easiest way for you to differentiate a receipt from that of an invoice is the time when they are issued. You will know that you are getting an invoice if it is issued before you made the payment for the products you want to purchase. An invoice is used to request for payment for the products or services that a customer wants to buy. This is the reason why you can’t see the mode of payment used for the transaction because payment has not been made yet. A receipt on the other hand is issued after payment has been made, that is why it is also referred to as a proof of payment. If you buy something in grocery stores or malls, it serves as your ticket to go out of the establishment will all the items you have purchased.
With that, you should no longer be confused as to what a receipt is and what an invoice is. If you want to learn more about receipts, you may check out related articles, like Payment Receipt Templates, Credit Card Receipt Templates, and Goods Receipt Templates.
How to Create a Simple Receipt Format for Your Business
Need a receipt for your business? Well here are some easy to follow steps that you can use to help you create one.
- Look for a receipt template or a receipt sample that you can use as your guide or as your reference for the business receipt you are making.
- Create an outline or draft of how you want your business receipt to be. Include in it the necessary parts or details that must be present in your receipt.
- Decide on how you want to make your receipt. There are various applications that you can use to do so, but the best one would be the application you are familiar with and one you are comfortable using.
- Then prepare the equipment that you need. This includes your laptop or computer and printer. Once your equipment is ready, launch the application that you want to use and start with a blank page.
- Set the paper size, paper orientation, paper layout as well as the margin before you start working on it.
- Start filling in the blank sheet using the templates as reference and the draft you just made. Transfer the contents of your draft to the blank sheet one a time.
- Add or remove parts or components as you see fit, but make sure to leave out the necessary cones.
- Once you are done, review your work and make sure that everything you need is in place. Also check for any spelling errors which may make your work look funny once it is actually printed.
- After making the final changes and checks, you may now save your work. Save your receipt in your desired folder with your desired file name. Then look for it in the folder where you had it saved and try to open it. If it opens then it’s all good.
The easiest way to create a receipt for your business is to make use of available templates that you can download online for free. There are a lot of options that you can choose from and they are mostly for free! You can check out more receipt samples and templates on our website, like Purchase Receipt Templates, Store Receipt Templates, and Transfer Receipt Templates.
Printable Blank Receipt Sample Template
Official Receipt Sample Template
Sample General Receipt Template
Simple Receipt Template
Generic Hand Receipt Sample
Advantages of Using Receipt Templates
Using a receipt template offers a lot of advantages and they are as follows:
- Receipt templates are very easy and convenient to use as it already lays out everything that you need in a receipt.
- Receipt templates allows the user to quickly create a receipt and use it for their personal or business needs.
- You can save a lot of time if you use receipt templates. That is because you no longer have to recreate the same document with all the same parts and components every time you need one.
- Want to save brainpower? Use a receipt template and you will be freed from the task of thinking what to add or what to write next in the components or items in your receipt.
- There are many available receipt options that you can choose from. Where else can you find them quickly than in the internet. There are a lot of websites offering different varieties of templates you surely will not have any trouble finding one.
- Receipt templates are editable and printable. If you need to change, add or delete something from a receipt template, especially those parts that are unrelated, you can very well do so. And after making the changes you can even have it printed without any hassle.
Why should you use a receipt template? The answers you need are just written above. So if you still have not used a receipt template before, there is no reason for you now to use one. Not now that you already know of its many advantages. And if you need templates, you can surely find a collection of them on our website. You will truly be interested in titles, like Petty Cash Receipt Samples & Templates, Parking Receipt Samples, and Refund Receipt Samples & Templates to name a few.
6+ Sample Photography Receipt Template - Free Sample, Example ...
7+ General Receipt Templates - Free Samples , Examples , Format
5+ Medical Receipt Template - Free Sample, Example, Format ...
31+ Payment Receipt Samples - PDF, Word, Excel, Pages, Numbers
10+ Goods Receipt Templates - PDF, Word, Excel
Sample Cash Receipt Template - 29+ Free Documents in PDF, Word
7+ Cash Sale Receipt Samples - Examples in Word, PDF
Cash Payment Receipt - 7+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Rent Receipt Template - 20+ Download Free Documents in ...
8+ Travel Receipt Samples and Templates - PDF, Word
6+ Construction Receipt Templates - Free Sample, Example, Format ...
Sample Donation Receipt - 10+ Examples in Word, PDF
8+ Loan Receipt Template - Examples In Word, PDF
Contractor Receipt Sample - 6+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Rental Receipt - 10+ Examples in PDF, Word